Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

I will be heading to Cork in a few weeks for a stag party. There are about 20 of us heading down mainly from Dublin. Just wondering if any1 has any suggestions on the best pubs/clubs in Cork City?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 johndoyle22

anyone??? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Tom Barry's on Barrack street is good for one or two. Lots of pubs on Barrack street and ye could slowly work your way into town from there.

How old are ye ? What place do ye like in Dublin. Much like Dublin Cork has muck savage bars, skanger bars, snobby / poser bars and bars that you get Joe Soaps in with some muck savages, snobs and skangers in too.

Fairly normal bunch of lads headin down. Not posh or skanger just normal lads all 25-30 looking for good time. mainly looking for few drinks earlyish followed by more drinks meet some nice lasses then more drinks!! ending up in late bar/club? would there be many stag/hens in cork on average weekend?

Reardens is Cork's Copper Face Jacks if that's any good to ye, late night bar with a club upstairs if ye get sick of the bar. Also a place called the Bodega, again a late bar / club. They'd be the main two late night places for lads 25 to 30 in the main part of the city, Crane Lane, Scotts and Old Oak on Oliver Plunkett Street may be worth considering too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just back from a stag there this weekend. We stayed in the Maldron which is a walk away from the main area for nightlife. First night (Friday) we ended up in Reardon's. Good night with a decent crowd and a brilliant live band. Didn't end up in the nightclub myself as it was a long day drinking and travelling down.

On the Saturday night, after a day spent in Larry Thompkins we headed to Bodega which we found to be good, if a little too civilized for a 'Stag night'. Both spots were good and respectful with vigilant bouncers so go in in two or three groups and try keep you poker face on. We were told most pubs/clubs in Cork had a strict no Drunk admittance ploicy so if you are very drunk thats the end of your night.

Good spot to go on stag overall, although personally its somewhere I'd rather bring my wife to rather than a session with the lads. Eager bouncers and limitted selection meant that traditional stag night plan had to be sidelined in favour of sensible drinking and quiet nights out. A different choice of pubs/clubs might lead to a better stag for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Fairly normal bunch of lads headin down. Not posh or skanger just normal lads all 25-30 looking for good time. mainly looking for few drinks earlyish followed by more drinks meet some nice lasses then more drinks!! ending up in late bar/club? would there be many stag/hens in cork on average weekend?

To be honest it is a lot easier for a group of hens to get into bars, than stags. For obvious reasons. A lot of places may not leave you all in together, so go in small groups, or go to city pubs early.
    First of all make sure you dont wear trainers, or jerseys (unless there is a match on)
    I agree with Barracks st, but when you head into town there is kinda two different sides. One would be Oliver Plunkett st area, old oak (mixed ages), counihans, scotts(kinda older), crane lane(mixed ages).
    The other would be Washington st area, there you have Classic bar, reardans, bailey, long island(cocktail bar) all 21+, 23+, depending on the nights. Costigans is also a nice bar to start off the night. Soho on Grand Parade is a late bar.
    Upstairs in Reardans is Havanas club, across the road from that is cubins club. And Classic bar also has a club upstairs. Bodega is a late bar/club, free before half 11, 12 or 15 euro after.
    Your best bet would be go to a few of the bars, and ask the nice ladies where they going clubbing, then you will get a feel for your type of scene.

Thanks for all the info.

Sounds like reardons will suit stag. dont wanna be wrecking others nights tryin to have quiet drink need somewhere lively. Not that will be rowdy or anythin but not gonna be sittin looking into pints!! whats the biggest pub/club in cork? where do the nicest ladies end up?? :D and where do the "friendliest" go? for some of the other lads of course :D

and where do the "friendliest" go? for some of the other lads of course :D

It's the same the World over ;) No magic location, if lads in your group are good or are not good with ladies they won't find that Cork is much different to anywhere else.

or if there are any nice or friendly ladies that would like to show us around that would be very helpful! ;):D

• Advertisement

I'm sure you will be swamped with Pms :D

:D yea i know! hope my computer can take the traffic!! strange though I havnt got any yet!! must get onto boards & see if is problem with them :confused::D

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'm sure you will be swamped with Pms :D
    :D yea i know! hope my computer can take the traffic!! strange though I havnt got any yet!! must get onto boards & see if is problem with them :confused::D
    :D:D:D:D

i am shocked by the lack of response from the Cork ladies :eek:

can any1 recommend something to do during the day? i was hoping to have a flock of ladies to show us around but in case that doesnt happen whats fun to do during day apart from going to pub. Unless theres a good day time drinking spot? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I know everybody says their town is a bad place to go on a stag do, but Cork really does take the biscuit. The usual 'go in 2s and 3s' isn't always going to work either. A lot of the bars in Cork have security provided by the same company, so they could be pre-warned you're coming. Expect to have some hassle with bouncers at some point, but hopefully they won't spoil your night.

As to 'friendly' ladies, I wouldn't be expecting much. You might bump into some likely lass but most will give stag parties a wide berth. If you can find Grafton Street and manage to not get your head kicked in in the world's 2nd most unlikeliest spot for a nightclub, you may have more luck in there....

Oh - for day time drinking - you could do worse than Fionnbarras on Douglas street if the weather is good.

If you can find Grafton Street and manage to not get your head kicked in in the world's 2nd most unlikeliest spot for a nightclub, you may have more luck in there....

SideTrax is closed down about two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Really? So all the people I see going down that street are actually going to the..... ;)

SideTrax is closed down about two years now.

It is actually supposed to be opening up again sometime soon, new owners new scene. Think I heard the name The Grafton, floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

or if there are any nice or friendly ladies that would like to show us around that would be very helpful! ;):D

'nice or friendly'...can ladies not be both :p (nice AND friendly ;))...i'm sure you will find plenty of lovely ladies out that would be only delighted to show ye around :rolleyes:...

Really? So all the people I see going down that street are actually going to the..... ;)

The .......;) is also closed according to the press of late, seized by the CAB some months back, if not a year.
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    It is actually supposed to be opening up again sometime soon, new owners new scene. Think I heard the name The Grafton, floating around.

Possibly true, I reckon the Grafton bar may well back on to what was the ground floor in SideTrax to be honest. I may well be wrong as I have little or no appreciation of space and direction when buildings are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

i am shocked by the lack of response from the Cork ladies :eek:

can any1 recommend something to do during the day? i was hoping to have a flock of ladies to show us around but in case that doesnt happen whats fun to do during day apart from going to pub. Unless theres a good day time drinking spot? :pac:

Do a bit of shopping, sightseeing, check out places to eat.

And buy an Evening Echo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LeViat

Everyone should go to Limerick on the 17th July. www.pignporter.com. One of the best festivals of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

For a during the day activity you could head out here:

http://www.kartworld.ie/

They do all of this:

* 2 Karting Tracks
    * 900 Metre International Track
    * 600 Metre National Track
    * Paintballing
    * Laser Clay Shooting
    * Pulse Ranger
    * Power Turn Dragster Off Road Buggies
    * Archery
    * Summer Camp
    * Conference Room To Cater For 100+ Delegates
    * Pit Stop Restaurant
    * Party Room
    * Sumo Suits
    * Inflatable Human Table Football
    * Giant Games Jenga, Connect Four etc.
    * School Tours (ha ha)

That bouncer chap from Gorby's in involved in that crowd isn't he. Bastad made a habit of searching me regularly on my way out of there years ago, doesn't go down well with ladies having bouncers searching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Yeah he is involved in that operation. He is alright really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

That bouncer chap from Gorby's in involved in that crowd isn't he. Bastad made a habit of searching me regularly on my way out of there years ago, doesn't go down well with ladies having bouncers searching you.

Hey--no dissin stevie :cool:

Probably the nicest guy down there. Its not his fault you look dodgy :pac::pac:

Ah yeah he is quite sound, I don't look dodgy at all but back then (8 / 9 years ago) folks in my company used to wonder what the feck was going on with the regular "bottle" searches on poor Jimmy leaving Gorbys. Bouncer dude used to find it amusing.

Its not his fault you look dodgy :pac::pac:

You spelt handsome wrong old stock ;)

haircut.jpg

Advertisement