Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christenings in waterford

• 04-05-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi can anyone help?
    Have moved to waterford, have a 9 week old son who i want to get christened. I am church of ireland, Dad is Catholic. Not sure how to go about this. Has anyone out there had a christening involving both religions? I don't want the outcome to jeopardise him getting into any schools either??? So confused!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Was in the exact same position , Better half is church of Ireland as are both my kids [now],We went with Church of Ireland christenings for two main reasons .1. Her faith was more important to her than my own beliefs [or lack off] and 2. A hell of alot less hoops to jump through when dealing with the Church of Ireland,

If I was you I would call on to Christ Church Cathedral and talk to the Dean/Bishop If their not around , look for one of the laid man David Bates ,They are sound and where fantastic help when we approached them.

As for the schools thing ,my kids [Boy 7 and Girl 4 ]religion was never a factor in them getting into their schools. Although I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for my Boy as his classmates are starting to talk about their First Communion next year and he may feel left out.

Advertisement