Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Casuals - Saturday 8th May 2010

Options
  • 04-05-2010 3:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right guys, the next set of casuals will be this Saturday. A great chance to bust out your new chraracters!

When: 1 PM, Saturday 8th May 2010
    Where: The Moviedrome, Limerick
    Map: http://www.moviedrome.ie/contact.htm
    Cost: A few Euro
    Things you should bring: Copy of SSF4 or SF4 (SSF4 preferably), game save files (remember these can be copied over to a ubs stick now, just be sure to move your profile over too), fighting stick, your wits

Please vote in the poll if you're coming of not, and tell anyone you think might be interested to come along. Your mates or anything.

Will you try to prove the old axiom on the 8th of May 3 votes

Yes, I shall illustrate the principle.
    0% 0 votes
    No, the weak survive and the strong lose.
    66% 2 votes
    Maybe. I am schroedingers Street Fighter.
    33% 1 vote
    SF2 on Atari Jaguar FTW.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just FYI- there's virtually no need to bring a save game file for Super unless you REALLY want your alt costumes. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Where's the poll? I'll be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I hope to donate my character's body to science and see how much pummelling they can take :)

Just as long as my course work goes alright over the next couple of days - the panic is setting in! (and yet here I am browsing boards)...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just as long as my course work goes alright over the next couple of days - the panic is setting in! (and yet here I am browsing boards)...

I know the feeling man. .

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I'll be there for sure! Been ages since I got to go to one! Finally got a saturday off! Looking forward to seeing ye all there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good stuff lads, keep it coming. Hopefully we can get a big turnout for this one. Can't seem to add a poll though :confused:

Sabre0001, if you're reading this, get back to work! Oh, and bring your shiny new stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Pretty sure you can count me in :)

Future guy I can make a poll on this thread, send me the options you want and I will throw one up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I should be there, will know for sure by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Count me in amigos! Was actually in england for the launch so its catch up time. Jaguar Lose!! FTW! :D

• Advertisement

Think we have decent numbers tomorrow so. Good stuff. I'll see ye there at 1. Also, does anyone have a spare stick they could bring me in?

I have a MadCatz pad if thats any good?

Ew, no :P

Good games to all I played! Really need to work on my timing for oiling. Alot of times I went tried to after throws I'd do the motion to early and hakan would just stand there. All part of the process though so hoping to fix that asap and try find a way to get past cody's comboes! Sorry to Sabre for not getting a match against ya. Sum Hakan mirrors would have been fun. Had an devastating loss where FutureGuy complimented my Hakan and then the small group watched. Gotta say it felt like the world was on my shoulders :( Wish we recorded our two dudley/hakan matches! Very classy rounds

Well played everyone today.

I have to admit, the improvment in everyones ability over the last 6 weeks is truely frightening. It's clear everyone is working hard to improve their game.

Generic, we played the most games and there is no comparison between the guy I played last time and the one I played today.

Sorry for the poor quality, just took it using my iPhone.

Genericname 01 (Hakan) vs D4RKONION (Cody)

Great matches there today lads, sorry I was a bit late, but there's a clear improvement there with all of ye! Looking forward to having a posse at the next inferno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I love the rage against Dublin people. Such an inferiority complex :pac:

Oh God the vid is up! i must forever leave this place with shame! Gotta stop giving up on the pressure especially because knife beats oil... Another thing to fix. I know watching replays is to help me improve but that doesnt make watching me lose anymore fun :( Really need to train up on my hakan dash cancels for the next one.

But seriously GG to everyone there. Really hoping to get my shifts sorted so I can go to these regularly. Once every month and a half isnt the best. Really hope the meet ups are helping everyone else as much they help me.

Jim wrote: »
    I love the rage against Dublin people. Such an inferiority complex :pac:

I picked up on this too but I bit my lip (for once) screw it though I'm liking the hype.

Lets get a Dublin v limerick team battle going I think. That's people actually living in Dublin so it'll be more interesting.

C'mon limerick yeas think yeas are hard with your stabcity nick name, but our knackers are more knackery....then your knackers.... yeah.... Dublin.....woooh ...

/hype

• Advertisement

Someone needs to explain to Onion I don't live in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Someone needs to explain to Onion I don't live in Dublin. :)

Well, apparently he's not from Limerick either. Ye can form your own group - the blowins :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Well, apparently he's not from Limerick either. Ye can form your own group - the blowins :D
    Tbh, the general rule about Dublin is, if your county can't beat Dublin at GAA, you're not true culchies, so must be part of Dublin. So yea Doom, Kildare = Dublin pretty much.

Also, you're from Artane!

Onions living in Limerick though, where as Doom is actually from Dublin.

Sisko wrote: »
    Onions living in Limerick though, where as Doom is actually from Dublin.

You said above the rule is where you live, not where you're from...

I'd happily take on Limerick in a 5 v 5. Might as well put me on first actually I hear they've alot of Hondas and Bisons :D

You said above the rule is where you live, not where you're from...

Yeah I know, I was talking to sabre who I assume was talking about onion.

But now that I think of it how many of the people that go to limerick casual are from limerick? Are there people that travel from outside Limerick attending?

Main reason I was saying people living in dublin only, was cause the only A class player living in dublin is Hound (unless I'm forgetting someone) if we did a leinster v munster or whatever it'd be a bit much for the lads 1st team tourney :p

Ah, you know I love all you Dublin people really, even if you're not actually from Dublin (apparently :P).

Sisko, everyone who goes to the casuals is from Limerick except me, but I live there at the mo, so it's not exactly a travel.

Sounds like its on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sorry I have been away for a while guys, but I am like getting fit and stuff.

Just did 100km in Cork on the bike while this was on, but now because I am having difficulty moving, I regret my choices.

RSI from button bashing is far more comfortable.

*argh pain*

• Advertisement
Advertisement