Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aircoach to Dalkey

Options
  • 04-05-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

FYI all

New service started today, running hourly in both directions, every half hour at certain times.

Link
    Aircoach, Ireland’s premier luxury coach operator, is very pleased to announce that from Tuesday 4th May 2010 we will commence service on the Dalkey to Dublin Airport route.

Our new route will see Aircoach serve Dalkey, Galshule, Dun Laohgaire and Monkstown, with services operating up to every half an hour at certain times of the day.

Our fares for this service are €8.00 for an Adult Single ticket, with an Adult Return ticket priced at just €14.00.

Additionally we will offer Child Single tickets for €2.50 and are very pleased to accept Concessionary Travel passes on this service.

Please find a link below to our new Dalkey timetable. Our first service from Dublin Airport will be at 14:00 on Tuesday 4th May 2010, and our first service from Dalkey will be at 15:00 on Tuesday 4th May 2010. We then plan to operate 24 hours a day, as per our timetable.

Why not book on-line, in advance, to guarantee a seat on the departure of your choice? Please visit www.aircoach.ie for more details.

If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team on 01 844 7118 or by email to info@aircoach.ie.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard our new service in the very near future.

Aircoach Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

So they did get the license (not really a surprise). Patton Flyer website still looks the same so two operators for now? Suppose not for long though. Am sorry for them. Use them quite a lot and they had the idea for this route - just not the best idea how to implement it.

Just hope the aircoach knows the way, when they can't even spell Glasthule properly;)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

xia wrote: »
    So they did get the license (not really a surprise). Patton Flyer website still looks the same so two operators for now? Suppose not for long though. Am sorry for them. Use them quite a lot and they had the idea for this route - just not the best idea how to implement it.

Just hope the aircoach knows the way, when they can't even spell Glasthule properly;)
    dun laoghaire not spelt right either.patton flyer was a great service.

blossom180 wrote: »
    dun laoghaire not spelt right either.patton flyer was a great service.

See, that's the story with all letters in a word just not in the right order. Missed that misspelling.

And website not updated yet either. Now I wonder if that info is really correct;)

I agree with Patton flyer, liked it. Just wondered if it was a good idea to go down to every second hour in the afternoon. Makes people to look for alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

It's on their website under the "latest news" section on their home page. I couldn't resist and emailed them about their foolish spelling mistakes. Insulting their new customers indeed!

What I meant is they haven't updated their timetable yet.

Don't know. Never liked aircoach (don't know why / can't put my finger on it). But that they don't bother about spelling and timetables doesn't help. I'd say the story of them and Patton Flyer is not over yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I see the spelling mistakes but don't see any problems on the timetable itself? What is wrong with it?
    http://www.aircoach.ie/news/8594048Dalkey%20Timetable%2004-05-10.doc

If you are referring to the timetable section of the website no doubt that will be added in due course, it only launched today and seems it may have been short notice from getting the go ahead to going live!

They seemed to have fixed it now and have it listed in the timetables section on every page and corrected the spelling mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dromarka

was walking the dogs at hyde road gaa field this morning noisy aircoach bus there when patton flyer arrived is that large coach really suitable for this run i think not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dromarka wrote: »
    was walking the dogs at hyde road gaa field this morning noisy aircoach bus there when patton flyer arrived is that large coach really suitable for this run i think not :confused:

why not?

its a standard coach, part of a standard fleet with standard parts and maintenance schedules. I've been of the Patton once or twice and it was full, clearly there is demand to justify it.

the coach sat there for 15 minutes with the engine running at 6 45 am in a residential area, maybe this will change when it no longer has the patten to compete with

• Advertisement

To be honest if I was a Dalkey resident I'd much prefer the Aircoach service - Why?
    • Closer to Airport arrivals on arrivals road instead of coach park
    • Better and longer coaches with leather seats etc
    • Every half an hour at peak times with Patton every hour
    • Every hour in the evening with Patton Every two hours
    • Return fares for €14 instead of paying 2x€8 single
    • Child Fares at €2.50 instead of paying €8
    • Pensioners travel free with a pass
    • Airport staff pay €3.50 rather than full rate.
    • Ability to pay online before travel
    I think people in the area are being silly if they are taking taxis or risking missing planes to boycott Aircoach like I have read about, it is ridiculous.

the points made are totally valid
    personally i would use either im just questioning the use of large vehicles early in the morning or late at night in a residential area

dromarka wrote: »
    the points made are totally valid
    personally i would use either im just questioning the use of large vehicles early in the morning or late at night in a residential area

what, like dublin bus or your bin truck or the Patton, which lets be honest is 2/3 rds the size anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

At the end of the day it boils down to the people of Dalkey would rather have Patton got the license, if he started operating the same coaches there would be no fuss without a doubt, already on facebook there are people who saying they are aware of the aircoach service but they will use patton because they support him, even if it doesn't make sense to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Looks like both of them will be going nowhere this evening. :D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/diverted-flights-arrive-in-cork-and-shannon-456444.html

Indeed, no doubt battle lines commenced again this morning!

Meanwhile I see from Twitter the locals are still in a depression state:
    Really depressed that the Aircoach has a sign up, but no matter what he did, the Patton Flyer couldn't get a licence

Really depressed that the Aircoach has a sign up, but no matter what he did, the Patton Flyer couldn't get a licence

must have a hard life to be depressed by a bus-stop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

At the end of the day it boils down to the people of Dalkey would rather have Patton got the license.

This kinda makes me smile, Dalkey isn't the centre of the universe or the only stop along the route. It would be interesting to see if all the other areas serviced share this sentiment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

€8 from Dalkey yet it's €11 from Shankill and €13 from Greystones. It'd be cheaper to get the Dart to Dalkey and pay the €8 from there.

• Advertisement

I don't really think highlighting support sites for an illegal operation is a good idea in fairness.

But on the flip side they are offering child's fares and not discriminating against OAP's as well as offering returns.

The whole pricing model is much more thought out if you ask me than Patton's, which is purely a cash grab despite what so called community activists think.

Advertisement