Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any ideas on where to buy timber for a wooden log swing

Options
  • 04-05-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi, Im looking to make a log swing. Im a carpenter in dublin 15 and my mother in law has requested a log swing for her back garden which is fine, but i cant seem to find any where that sells raw timber. Essentially debarked cedar wood or something to that durability in the hardwood family would be perfect. Even a pressure-inpregnated treated soft wood could surfice. Any ideas where would sell me a few logs. Id be looking for 5 logs at 6-7 ft long with about a 7-10ish inch diameter. And a few logs @ about 3-4ish inch diameter. As I say this would be the perfect dimensions but as im stuck i am willing to plane down larger timber to get the job done. God bless Mother in laws. Ye gotta love there endless ideas... If you read this Ruth im only havin a laugh.... Its a sixth sense with them any construction worker with inlaws will no EXACTLY where im comin from. Anyway i join boards.ie today and this is my first post so go easy if ive botched it in any way. And excuse the spelling im a chippy not an English teacher. Picture of swing in attachment. Not the one im gonna do but its close enough!!!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement