Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Time Sprint Triathlete - 8 week training log

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭TomD101

catweazle wrote: »
    Well done Tom, I was wondering if either you were gone on the beer or had drowned after it. Fair play to you. The guys in my club said the run was closer to six k than 5 so thats a better run time than you are giving yourself credit for.

It was a case of gone on the beer alright!! Heavy session on Saturday night and I was in town watching the elites on Sunday and was out from work yesterday - just about recovered now! Brownlee was amazing on the run, unbelievable to see live how much stronger one athlete can be over an elite field when the margins are so small.

I had planned on taking part in the Duathlon in the Phoenix Park tomorrow night but I think I'll give it a miss to watch the Spain Germany match. I signed up for the adidas race series last week on a whim so I'll take part in them and hopefully improve the running. The half marathon is on the day before the Lough Ree triathlon in Athlone unfortunately, didn't know they were clashing. Don't know if I'll like / want to do a half marathon but I'll see how it goes over next few weeks. Maybe looking at the Dublin City Tri or Achill ROAR or Loughrea, they are all pretty close to each other! I'm really curious to see how I can improve the time and maybe the quality of my training - ie concentrate on going quicker in the pool or on the bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

TomD101 wrote: »
    Maybe looking at the Dublin City Tri or Achill ROAR or Loughrea, they are all pretty close to each other!

Loughrea..........thats my clubs triathlon...we want your hard earned cash :D

Advertisement