Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Cruelty

Options
  • 04-05-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just want to have a rant. Went to work this morning to be told that a local mans horse had to be put down over the weekend.
    What happened was that a group of teenagers went into the field and loosely wrapped barbed wire around his legs and then set fire to his mane and tail. Of course he began running and ripped his legs to shreds. When he fell frim the injuries and pain they began stabbing him with sharpened sticks.
    After all this the horse was still alive but barely. The vet put him down straight away but the guards didint turn up until about 3 hours later. They have said they're investigating the matter but it is unlikely they'll catch who did it.
    what goes through people's heads when they're doing something like that. It makes me so mad and disappointed in the human race when i hear of things like this.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Oh my God that is horrific. I can't understand why anyone would do something like this - what is wrong with them?
    I really wish I hadn't read your post now - it makes me despair for humanity.

Where in the country are you? If the guards don't do anything maybe Boardsies should write to the Super to campaign for action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gone With The W

I'm in North Cork. Whats so upsetting is the owner is in his seventies and the reason they got at the horse was because it was so trusting. If you walked up to the gate the horse would come over for sweets and patting. He's absolutely heart broken.
    They have two brought in for questioniong but we cant find out who they are because they're minors. Its bloody disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I really think there must be something wrong with someone who could do that. It's awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Oh God I wish I hadn't read that, can't bear to think what that poor animal went through :(

Good News :). The guards have arrested two youths for what happened. One of them is 14 and the other one is 16. They cant tell us who they are but they are looking at jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭scartman1

Absolutely terrible. Whether the kids were on drugs or whatever, its hard to imagine people being so desensitised to such wanton cruelty.
    They have no charachters and move around in packs. If it was another kid, they would be kicking him in the head until he was dead also, drugs has a lot to do with it. They are just not even near the realms of normal human behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

They're so young, I really hope they can realise that it's not right to do something like that. I wonder what kind of upbringing they were given that they never learnt that that is not right . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

ita absolutely horrific. those children need to learn that their actions have consequences, and they need to learn compassion for all living animals. they should be made volunteer with an animal welfare charity as well as jail time

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

OMG i cant believe this,minors or not they shouldnt be allowed get away with this.Stories like this really sicken me.That poor defenceless horse suffering like that:mad:

Update:
    There was another horse hurt last night. Badly burnt but alive. Guards believe its the same gang. There was a photo of him on a local paper. I'm so upset because I actually know the horse. Shes a beautiful mare that was as sweet as sugar. The vet says that providing she doesn't get an infection she should survive. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

That's just sickening. I'd hate to see what they'd do to a fellow human being. Hope they're put away for a while, but as they're minors, I'm sure it won't happen. Wish we could name and shame. Sick.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I cant understand the need to do something like that. I just read briefly today from a Cork newspaper ( cant remember what newspaper cos I never saw this news paper before) that there was a photo of a poor horse who was very burnt badly on its back etc...was this the same horse as above or just another same story elsewhere?

The Paws wrote: »
    I cant understand the need to do something like that. I just read briefly today from a Cork newspaper ( cant remember what newspaper cos I never saw this news paper before) that there was a photo of a poor horse who was very burnt badly on its back etc...was this the same horse as above or just another same story elsewhere?

one of them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It's a new breed of human that does that sort of stuff; it's a sub species called feral mindless scumbag.

Advertisement