Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Cutting

• 04-05-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

I need to get the grass cut. Does anyone know somebody reliable. I had a fella booked and he left me down twice and now I'm really stuck.

Could someone PM me if they know of anyone who does it, nice and cheap and all that. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Just go down and hire out a lawnmower or a strimmer. costs about 15 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Ive to go cut the brothers grass at some stage over the next few days.
    If your living near enough with a garden that isnt hugh i could swing by i dont mind at all.
    If your looking to get it done regularly id say come june, july and august there will be a hugh amount of lads out of school with little chance of a summer job so a good few will be doing the grass cutting so i wouldnt worry about it at all.

After writing that I reckon it could be a nice little earner on the side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

you could take a look at this

http://www.raycollopy.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Got a guy there yesterday. Right decent lad and he cut it with strimmer and lawnmower IN THE RAIN and only charged me 30 quid to do it.

You'd see his adds on posters around the place: The Handyman Can. His number is 0876663669. Very decent fella and did exactly what he said he'd do and had it done in no time.

tc2010 wrote: »
    Just go down and hire out a lawnmower or a strimmer. costs about 15 quid

Went to hire a lawnmower and strimmer, lawnmower alone would have cost 40 quid, to hell with that. lol.

• Advertisement

30 quid? how big is your garden? did he take the grass?

deisedevil wrote: »
    Went to hire a lawnmower and strimmer, lawnmower alone would have cost 40 quid, to hell with that. lol.

I got the strimmer for about 2 hours from the crowd on the cork road and they charged 13 euro or something like that. im assuming you needed them both delivered and went to a pricey enough place

40 quid is unreal considering youd probably buy a second hand lawnmower for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Without trying to be ignorent or anything, I thought this was a practise which went out of fashion with the recession. I understand that certain mightn't be physically cabable of doing it for a variety of reasons, but the thought of handing over €30+ to a lad to cut my grass would make me physically ill.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Without trying to be ignorent or anything, I thought this was a practise which went out of fashion with the recession. I understand that certain mightn't be physically cabable of doing it for a variety of reasons, but the thought of handing over €30+ to a lad to cut my grass would make me physically ill.

Im sure there are people who need it. some people live far out, have no car or close family etc..

If you think thats bad i used to work for a landscaping company in Dublin

80euro to come and cut the grass, trim the hedges etc... roughly once a month. Thats 80 every month :eek:

We were flat out busy all year long

One of the worst i ever seen was a woman in Malahide that called us out to pull up one weed :D she came out to the front of the house and pulled a bush aside and pointed at a little weed

Absolutely crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Im sure there are people who need it. some people live far out, have no car or close family etc..

If you think thats bad i used to work for a landscaping company in Dublin

80euro to come and cut the grass, trim the hedges etc... roughly once a month. Thats 80 every month :eek:

We were flat out busy all year long

One of the worst i ever seen was a woman in Malahide that called us out to pull up one weed :D she came out to the front of the house and pulled a bush aside and pointed at a little weed

Absolutely crazy

Those were the days...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds like my sort of job!

Absolutely crazy
    Out of curiousity how much did they charge to pull up the weed?

I would of thought the going rate for a average house on a housing estate front and back was around 15 euro, 20 at most

jayboi wrote: »
    Out of curiousity how much did they charge to pull up the weed?

I have no idea exactly but it wasnt cheap. Probably about 80 but it would have been part of a contract id say. Person probably paid that each month and got free call outs

This was millionares row in Malahide. I think its called that because they were the first new estate were all the houses were valued at 1m +

That was back in around 2001.

No idea what the real name of the estate was. Gonna have a look on google maps now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

"TIGHT AS A MACKREL'S ARSE and THAT'S WATERTIGHT,YOU SIR".:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd happily cut somones grass and hedges for 30 euro a pop (plus petrol) :)

I wonder what the market for this sort of thing is like these days...

Had no choice but to get someone to do it for me. No need for me to go into details but it had to be done in a day or two as I was moving out and I couldn't get out of work.

Advertisement