Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refresher courses?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Its been around 10 months or so since I graduated in software development. I managed to get three months (very poor) work experience after that but since then I cant seem to get any work from it.

Now I feel like Ive forgotten everything I learned in college mainly windows programming in c# and Database development with SQL. I wouldnt even be confident now writing an If statement.

I know I should of kept it ticking over writing some code but I just got disheartend with the whole thing. I struggled in college with some of it as it was but now Im seriously in need of a refresher course or something along the lines that could help bring it all back...or even something that would add something new like working with photoshop etc as I really enjoyed using it in the small cases that I did.

Does anyone know of any places/colleges that do such a thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Read this thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055897395

Honestly though, if you've spent 10 months since graduation and you haven't touched a bit of code, I can tell your right now, don't become a programmer. 1. You'll hate it, and 2. you'll be crap at it. Maybe consider a master in Multimedia, if you liked photoshop, maybe web/visual design will suit you better. (I switched from computer science to design and never looked back)

Advertisement