Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i.d

Options
  • 04-05-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi i have tickets for an 18's gig coming up soon...<snip>please don't mention venues when asking about fake IDs-Piste</snip> . i am only 17 and i was wondering what were the odds on me getting in with my i.d card yoke that says in only 17 . i was born in 1992 which makes it look like i am 18 unless they look at the months . do i have any chance of getting in at all ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

weaselmilk wrote: »
    hi i have tickets for an 18's gig coming up soon in <snip> . i am only 17 and i was wondering what were the odds on me getting in with my i.d card yoke that says in only 17 . i was born in 1992 which makes it look like i am 18 unless they look at the months . do i have any chance of getting in at all ?

Short answer, no with a but, long answer yes with an if.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Maybe wait till next year? That way it's legal and gives you a nice feeling inside!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'd say it's worth a shot...I'd be surprised if it was scrutinised that closely tbh, especially if you went in when the door/gate/whatever was very busy. That said, if it doesn't work, you're gonna be sitting outside doing sweet feck all.

Also depends how big the D.O.B is on the particular ID. Something like a license though, it's not too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

What gig, are you sure its 18s? And the bouncers in <snip> are very strict, that will definitely check the months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 weaselmilk

ye i could turn 18 in a while but unfortuatly the gig will not wait for me :D. so i dont even have a small chance of getting in?

• Advertisement

ye i could turn 18 in a while but unfortuatly the gig will not wait for me :D. so i dont even have a small chance of getting in?

no

im planning on getting i.d but still havnt organised it nd its in less than 2 weeks so i might not get it in time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I did that a few times, had a full drivers licence from when i was 17 and a half, worked a treat a few times, others i could bargain with them, and itd work eventually!

Just dont try going in being locked!

dya reckon i could get away with a printed passprt photo that i can channge to 18's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

im planning on getting i.d but still havnt organised it nd its in less than 2 weeks so i might not get it in time
    Well sure if you don't have ID you're fecked anyway, even if you were 18. :P
    dya reckon i could get away with a printed passprt photo that i can channge to 18's?
    Doubt that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

hell no,every bouncer would refuse that as I.D

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'd say you wont be getting in- Friend of mine went to gig in <snip> last year when she was 17- she didnt realise it was an overage gig coz it was in the middle of the day! anyway they asked for ID and obviously she didnt get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

The only place that ever works is wezz. Of course when you get a little older like me you'll be changing the 19 back down to 14:pac:

*disclaimer* I don't actually go to baby wezz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I am 18, and bouncers still doubt whether I'm 18... They seem to have some kind of basic maths complex. When I point out it is indeed after February (when my birthday is), they then take some time to count from 1992 to 2010.

So yeah, doubt it'll work :(

I am 18, and bouncers still doubt whether I'm 18... They seem to have some kind of basic maths complex. When I point out it is indeed after February (when my birthday is), they then take some time to count from 1992 to 2010.

to be fair,you can see where they are coming from,doubting that you are 18

also, <3 for the text

Doesn't excuse their lack of ability to count.....

Also, I look older with purple hair. So there. >_>

(No worries :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You look about 11 to be fair :P

Says more about you than me.........

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

That's the point >_>

*breaths heavily*

• Advertisement

Fairy: 1-0: Fad

is it really that crucial you get into the gig?There's nothing that sucks more than being left outside a gig because you're underage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Doesn't anyone read the charter any more?! Discussion of where to get in with a fake ID or no ID has always been forbidden, most of you should know this! You can discuss the general idea of fake IDs, but mentioning specific venues or how to make/procure IDs is againt the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement