Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with my team in S-9?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

With my first full season coming to a close, i know i'm going to be staying in division 4 come the end of the end of the season. ( Currently leading league 12 wins 0 losses, but have final game Vs. JohnButlers team, and will be most likely playing him in the playoff. I dont expect to win either, his team are just better, plain and simple.

As i said above, this was my first full season ( came in after game 1 of season 7 ) I've a pretty good record so far, i'm 25wins-1loss on regular season games. But obviously, i'm doing something wrong, as i bottled it quite dramatically in the playoff last season, and will end up doing so this season. Is it actually this difficult to get out of division 4? Like, will i always fall at the playoff stages? Or is there something i'm missing out on? It just frustrating that it seems that this pattern is begining to develop...

Anybody got any tips on what i can do with my team in S9?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    With my first full season coming to a close, i know i'm going to be staying in division 4 come the end of the end of the season. ( Currently leading league 12 wins 0 losses, but have final game Vs. JohnButlers team, and will be most likely playing him in the playoff. I dont expect to win either, his team are just better, plain and simple.

As i said above, this was my first full season ( came in after game 1 of season 7 ) I've a pretty good record so far, i'm 25wins-1loss on regular season games. But obviously, i'm doing something wrong, as i bottled it quite dramatically in the playoff last season, and will end up doing so this season. Is it actually this difficult to get out of division 4? Like, will i always fall at the playoff stages? Or is there something i'm missing out on? It just frustrating that it seems that this pattern is begining to develop...

Ah young Voodoo, dont despair. You are having a fantastic season so dont be concerned. If i were you i would be concentrating on my acadamy, facilities, staff and training. Better facilities=more training, which for me is very important. Concentrate on trying to increase income. This will lead to you maybe making a couple of shrewd signings, aswell as improving the likes of staff.

For me the last 2 seasons has been about my acadamy (from which i have got a couple of useful young guys from so far) and a pretty successful staffing recruitment campaign which has just concluded.

Most of us here are playing the game a year, some longer, and it does take a while to improve your club. It can be very frustrating at times but ya just gotta keep the faith. Its a gradual thing. The guys and Gal here are always very helpful with suggestions and advice so i would expect a good few responses to your thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yo Voo, why not focus on the boards cup next season while training your team as JB suggests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

You've got a way better team then i had when i promoted from div 4 so if you think you wont do it this year, you should walk it next time. Like JB said upgrade the coaches and all the other training stuff.

Decide where your team is weakest and make the purchases or training that will strengthen that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

hey

for the playoffs i would suspect that your opponent played their intensity as Like Theres no Tomorrow vs yours of Normal. this would give them an advantage over you. The fact that you have already beaten JohnButlers team in the league (as you say you are 12-0 this season) means that you should be able to beat them in the playoff (unless hes bought some great players since your first game!)

If you dont go up i'd suggest that you invest the money into your facilities first and players secondly. The end of the season is a good time to pick up a bargain or 2 on the TM (before prize money is given out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Thanks guys.

I already have lvl 2 facilities, Lvl 2 head coach, lvl 2 Attack coach and Advertising for a lvl 2 Defense coach finishes this friday.

I expanded my stadium a bit last season, and have added another 500 odd seats which will be completed soon.

I've a few good ( good for the level i'm at ) 18-20 year olds who've really done well from a few sessions a week. So Hopefully next year'll be the year to jump up, or atleast make another good attempt at it.

I've already guarenteed atleast 2nd place, so i know i'm playoff bound, and i know exactly who'll i'll be playing. I suppose i have two playoff testers comign up as the two teams i'll meet in the play offs i meet this week and next. So hopefully i'll get some ideas from the regular season games. Btw, are the ' Feral Southeners ' belonging to anybody here on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Thanks guys.

I already have lvl 2 facilities, Lvl 2 head coach, lvl 2 Attack coach and Advertising for a lvl 2 Defense coach finishes this friday.

I expanded my stadium a bit last season, and have added another 500 odd seats which will be completed soon.

I've a few good ( good for the level i'm at ) 18-20 year olds who've really done well from a few sessions a week. So Hopefully next year'll be the year to jump up, or atleast make another good attempt at it.

I've already guarenteed atleast 2nd place, so i know i'm playoff bound, and i know exactly who'll i'll be playing. I suppose i have two playoff testers comign up as the two teams i'll meet in the play offs i meet this week and next. So hopefully i'll get some ideas from the regular season games. Btw, are the ' Feral Southeners ' belonging to anybody here on boards?

Can't say I've seen the Feral Southeners about these parts. You're unlucky to have the Gnomes in your group. You might as well go for it and you might get an upset and leave poor JB in Div4 hell.
    Try not to upgrade your stadium in such small quantities... I think for the amount it costs to get the architecture off the toilet you might aswell get a few more punters in.

I know there's alot of simular questions going around now, but its something that i'm thinking about.

To sell, or to keep?

I've a couple of decent 18/19/20 year olds, that i'm unseure of what to do with.
    Any advice would be grealty appriciated.

19 years old | 21,767 CSR (+238) | 24,670 CSRNew | 182 cm | 98 kg | Romania
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Sprightly')"]sprightly[/URL] energy levels.
    A
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Flawless')"]flawless[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Reputable')"]reputable[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Despicable')"]despicable[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]
    Handling:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]
    Attack:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]
    Defense:
    Technique:
    Strength:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Impressive')"]Impressive[/URL]
    Jumping:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Average')"]Average[/URL]
    Speed:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]
    Agility:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Despicable')"]Despicable[/URL]
    Kicking:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Non-Existent')"]Non-Existent[/URL]

20 years old | 20,793 CSR (+265) | 24,388 CSRNew | 185 cm | 77 kg | Australia
    Left handed, left footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Decent')"]decent[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Energised')"]energised[/URL] energy levels.
    A
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Conservative')"]conservative[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Reckless')"]reckless[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Satisfactory')"]satisfactory[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Horrible')"]horrible[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]
    Handling:
    Attack:
    Defense:
    Technique:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Moderate')"]Moderate[/URL]
    Strength:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]
    Jumping:
    Speed:
    Agility:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Admirable')"]Admirable[/URL]
    Kicking:

And then i've about 3 more VERY simular guys, all aged 18.

Should i sell in silly season, and hope to find good buys mid season? Or hand onto them, because i wont get enough to make it worth while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I know there's alot of simular questions going around now, but its something that i'm thinking about.

To sell, or to keep?

I've a couple of decent 18/19/20 year olds, that i'm unseure of what to do with.
    Any advice would be grealty appriciated.

19 years old | 21,767 CSR (+238) | 24,670 CSRNew | 182 cm | 98 kg | Romania
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Sprightly')"]sprightly[/URL] energy levels.
    A
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Flawless')"]flawless[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Reputable')"]reputable[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Despicable')"]despicable[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]
    Handling:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]
    Attack:
    Defense:
    Technique:
    Strength:
    Jumping:
    Speed:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]
    Agility:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Despicable')"]Despicable[/URL]
    Kicking:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Non-Existent')"]Non-Existent[/URL]

I'd be tempted to sell this guy, his technique isn't great which leaves out back row as option. His Agility is poor which makes 9 unlikely, defense only decent would rule out 12 for me. His lack of kicking would count against 9 or 12 too...

And it truely is silly season on the TM. I had a glance there and the most average ~15k CSR players are over $50k!

Yea i was thinking the same really... I've tried him all over the place and cant find a good spot for him, but i think i could get a bit for him. I just wanted reassurance i was doing the right thing tbh

Thanks Crisco. Btw, We never had that second friendly :P

Yea i was thinking the same really... I've tried him all over the place and cant find a good spot for him, but i think i could get a bit for him. I just wanted reassurance i was doing the right thing tbh

Thanks Crisco. Btw, We never had that second friendly :P

During the break in the Boards Cup? I fear your team has pushed on significantly since our last meeting. But I never sneer at IGT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Never be afraid to sell your players in the first 6 weeks of the season.

You will always pick up better players for less money in the later weeks of the season.

I am a TM whore though ;) (but this season will be different :D )

Yea, i think i'm just going to go for it with a few of them. Sure if they dont sell, they dont sell...

jprender wrote: »
    Never be afraid to sell your players in the first 6 weeks of the season.

You will always pick up better players for less money in the later weeks of the season.

I am a TM whore though ;) (but this season will be different :D )

I have a wish list but obviously would like to hold off on buying for at least 5 weeks into the new season. Its having the discipline to do that that is the problem. :rolleyes:

Threw a rake of players on the TM there, lets hope they go for a decent price. They are all 2nd rate players so I'm really just hoping to get any money.

Advertisement