Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hughes and Hughes

• 04-05-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

It's opening again on thursday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Source?

Is it liquidation sale or a take over? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Snow Leopard

Great...was wondering what the situation was when I passed it the other day. Will it still operate as H&H's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

SOURCE????
    Is this for definite?
    Is it a one day event or permanent re-opening

Info PLEASE
    I miss H&H desperately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hope it is cos i have a €50 voucher card for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

It's back with much the same staff who say it's back to stay. Receipts say 'Sivota Ltd., t/a Hughes and Hughes. A selection of books, mostly recent novels, reduced by 50%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

finbarrk wrote: »
    Hope it is cos i have a €50 voucher card for it.

It's a different company so they won't accept the voucher. The original Hughes and Hughes is in liquidation. You can send your voucher to the liquidator but I reckon you'll only get a couple of cents in the euro if even that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Very good news to hear it's open again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ollaetta wrote: »
    Very good news to hear it's open again.
    Thats good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

ktc1 wrote: »
    It's a different company so they won't accept the voucher. The original Hughes and Hughes is in liquidation. You can send your voucher to the liquidator but I reckon you'll only get a couple of cents in the euro if even that.

My mother was in on the day they reopened and asked about H&H vouchers. They said they plan to accept them but haven't sorted it out yet. She was told to call back in a few weeks. They do plan to though. I think it would a very important gesture of goodwill for them to do so. I don't know what sort of financial deal they will do with the liquidators, but there must be something in the pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There's hope yet for my voucher so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

I really hope you're right and I'm wrong. My birthday was in February and I got vouchers from my wife, mother and brother, plus I still have credit from Christmas, over €100 in total I'd say. Even if they were to offer 50% of the value I'd be delighted.
    The issue as I see it is that the money paid for those vouchers went to the company that is in liquidation so it's effectively gone. If the new company were to honour them they would not be getting any cash in return, so they may offer a % for goodwill purposes and to drum up a bit of cashflow. I assume they did a good deal with the liquidator for the remaining stock when they took over the shop so they should be able to discount and still have positive cash flow. Here's hoping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Parenthood

Great! It just felt like such a waste...all those books just abandoned on their shelves. I really like the Ennis bookstore, but a bit of variety doesn't hurt and H&H does have the coffee shop closeby.

Advertisement