Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petcam

Options
  • 04-05-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have recently returned to work and I have a small dog (bichon). Work is only 10 minutes away but I am stressing over leaving my little dog for hours. I take her for a walk every morning and I come home at lunch and take her for another walk. So at the most she is on her own for about 3.5 hours. I was wondering if anyone knows of a camera that I could get put in so that I could logon somewhere online and be able to check in on her every so often? I have googled it and it came up with a few results but I have no idea what would be a good one to get. It would be great if the cam could connect to my router wirelessly and not need to be directly connected to my PC. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

this should probably be posted in the technology forum.

A good walk in the morning and at lunch would mean that your dog would more than likely just sleep while your out, dogs need lots of sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

You need an IP cam and all you have to do is forward the ports on your router, setup a dynamic dns and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

m8 wrote: »
    You need an IP cam and all you have to do is forward the ports on your router, setup a dynamic dns and thats it.
    Whats that in reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly simpel talk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tulipi

If you have an iphone or an android you can get an app for this.
    I have one for the android. You download the client for you computer here: www.seedonk.com and then on your phone download the app. Set up your account for it to automatically connect to your webcam and you can keep an eye on your dog from your phone.
    Pretty neat :) I'm planning on using it for my dog too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

All my dogs (and all love being the center of attention) can well cope with 3.5 hours but would love to do the same and see what they get up to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Whats that in reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly simpel talk :o

They are cameras that have network access, some have wifi and can connect to your home router and so can be view anywhere over the internet and some support phones that are able to browse the internet.

Also called network cameras

http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/networkcameras/linksys/WVC54GC/reviews/88/camera_review.html

Advertisement