Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Dillon jailed for life after pleading guilty to murdering Roy Collins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Click edit, advanced edit and work away.

I heard this on the 6 One news and was impressed by the mandatory sentence. I heard his mother collapsed in court.

Yeah GREAT UPBRINGING! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hope he gets put away for a long time and gets to wake up every morning in a cell next to a guy called Bubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Hope he gets put away for along time and gets to wake up every morning in a cell next to a guy called Bubba.

Nah, he'll get Sky TV in his room, budgies, mobile phones, drugs on demand and whatever else to make his stay much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Berty wrote: »
    Nah, he'll get Sky TV in his room, budgies, mobile phones, drugs on demand and whatever else to make his stay much nicer.

Unfortunately your probably right, our 5 star prisons are second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, where-ever he's placed, I hope he rots in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I believe he got paid in heroin :rolleyes:. What about the other scumbag arrested with him hiding in the house in Weston? Think he was the getaway driver.

Thanks Berty fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Jigga wrote: »
    I believe he got paid in heroin :rolleyes:. What about the other scumbag arrested with him hiding in the house in Weston? Think he was the getaway driver.

Thanks Berty fixed now.

I have to say I feel sorry for him though, in a way he is also a victim as people exploited him to achieve their own goal. No doubt he has being terrorised into remaining silent on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

He has been sentenced to life in prisonment.

Does the fact he pleaded guilty mean we won't get to hear the full details of the case and what Gardai believe happened?

mike kelly wrote: »
    I have to say I feel sorry for him though, in a way he is also a victim as people exploited him to achieve their own goal. No doubt he has being terrorised into remaining silent on this.
    I must say I feel more sorry for the Collins' family than a junkie murderer :mad:

What i want to know is how come his accomplice who is well-known and was arrested with him and was a key suspect in the Shange Geoghean murder has not been charged :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Surprised to see no mention of this yet, I suppose he had to plead guilty to keep his mouth shut and not implicate you know who.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Limerickman-to-be-sentenced-tomorrow.6270755.jp

Edit: Anyone know how to change a thread title or will one of the forum mods have to do it?

Who? You mean he got life and he wasnt really the one responsible?

• Advertisement

What i want to know is how come his accomplice who is well-known and was arrested with him and was a key suspect in the Shange Geoghean murder has not been charged :mad:

is that the fellow you can see on the Sunday World video?

is that the fellow you can see on the Sunday World video?
    I removed that last video, lets just say he was in a car crash last year ;)

I removed that last video, lets just say he was in a car crash last year ;)

ok, i did get to see it first! very curious indeed why he has not been charged. the gardai must have some reason though (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have no sympathy at all for him or his family. His family were quick to try and ruin the plaque for Roy Collins by drilling a cheap one of their own underneath it. Their bleating about how their poor misguided son is a victim sickened me. No your son is now a confessed murderer to whom a life
    was something that he would accept payment to take.

I would not be surprised if there was some kind of pay off for keeping his mouth shut as well.

He is still alive for his family to visit and he will be able to walk few someday.

Same cannot be said for Roy Collins or for the family that can never see Roy Collins again. Roy and his family/close friends are the only victims in this case

Kess73 wrote: »
    I have no sympathy at all for him or his family. His family were quick to try and ruin the plaque for Roy Collins by drilling a cheap one of their own underneath it. Their bleating about how their poor misguided son is a victim sickened me. No your son is now a confessed murderer to whom a life
    was something that he would accept payment to take.

I would not be surprised if there was some kind of pay off for keeping his mouth shut as well.

He is still alive for his family to visit and he will be able to walk few someday.

Same cannot be said for Roy Collins or for the family that can never see Roy Collins again. Roy and his family/close friends are the only victims in this case

thanks, I didn't know that about the plaque

ok, i did get to see it first! very curious indeed why he has not been charged. the gardai must have some reason though (I hope)
    From the Examiner
    At around noon, James Dillon and another man were seen arriving at the shopping centre in a black Mercedes which had been stolen in Dublin ten days previous.

Dillon walked into the amusement arcade with a handgun and shot Roy Collins once in the front of the body at close range.

He then jumped back into the Mercedes which fled the scene at speed, crashing four times in the process. The two men abandoned the car, which was later found burnt out, and made their way on foot to Crecora Avenue in the south of the city.

In the meantime, Gardaí had driven to the estate, and spotted the two men who immediately ran from them.

After obtaining a search warrant, Gardaí entered the house that Dillon had escaped into, and found him hiding under bunk-beds in an upstairs bedroom.

He accompanied him there, was seen with him run into the house, was hiding there with Dillon and wasn't charged. Can't get my head around it.

This scumbag boasted about being the getaway driver in that video they put up on youtube last year

fair play to that fellow for giving him a beating anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Anyone have a picture of James Dillon? A pure scumbag with the same name came into my class in second year for a short while before he was kicked out. 24 would put him at the right age.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone have a picture of James Dillon? A pure scumbag with the same name came into my class in second year for a short while before he was kicked out. 24 would put him at the right age.

BreakingNews.ie has one - http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/dillon-handed-life-sentence-for-murder-of-inspiration-collins-456442.html

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Thanks, pretty sure its him. No stories just a knacker. I can now say I went to school with a convicted murderer.

• Advertisement

He accompanied him there, was seen with him run into the house, was hiding there with Dillon and wasn't charged. Can't get my head around it.

This scumbag boasted about being the getaway driver in that video they put up on youtube last year

According to the irish Independent today:
    "Net closes on accomplice who drove murderer's getaway car"

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...r-2166604.html

Lets hope they get a conviction for this scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Steve Collins' victim impact statement is pretty heartbreaking. Have no sympathy whatsoever for that Dillon murdering scumbag. Hope his accomplice follows him.
    HOW can I put in to words the impact that the loss of our beloved son, Roy, has had on our family, a devastating numb feeling that I know will be with us until the day we meet our maker.

Roy was a hard-working man, a productive member of society just putting the finishing touches to his dream home, a house he built himself on the lake in Killaloe, security for his children looking forward to a bright future together. Now, every day, we have to look at Roy's two beautiful daughters lost in confusion as to where their daddy has gone, their little hearts broken beyond repair, too young to understand, too afraid to contemplate what's gone on and why. To Roy they were his life, they meant everything to him, he was a wonderful father to them and they have been left to go on into life without him and I know they will miss him every day.

I look at Roy's mother, every day the grief etched on her face, a heartbroken shell of her former self. We try to comfort each other to keep strong for our other children, who just can't believe this has happened to us. No parents should have to bury their children, it's not natural.

Roy's brother's and sister's lives changed on that terrible day. They now live a life of fear, always looking over their shoulder, terrified of what could happen to them, and all because we did the right thing, we did our 'civic duty' and paid the ultimate price. Evil came into our lives on that faithful day and took the love of our lives in a callous act, a cowardly act, an unforgiveable act, a total waste of a good life.

The impact this has had on a nation is of disbelief, a sense of vulnerability and heartbreak for everyone when they look into their own child's eyes and think: 'There but for the grace of God', and an understanding of the hurt we are feeling at our loss as a family.

I don't think Carmel, his mother, or me, his devastated dad, will ever get over this. I don't know how to get over this. I have worked all my life to give my family everything I could, because, at the end of the day, that is what I feel life is all about – family, and if you have your health and your family, nothing else matters.

There is a link gone from my life, my beautiful son, my pal, my inspiration, a boy I was so proud to call my son.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/We-did-our-civic-duty.6275423.jp

Advertisement