Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady G beauty salon?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Thinking of booking a treatment in Lady G, anyone been there, is it a nice place? Haven't been in years but from the look of their website it's had a bit of a facelift from the new owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

GAN wrote: »
    Thinking of booking a treatment in Lady G, anyone been there, is it a nice place? Haven't been in years but from the look of their website it's had a bit of a facelift from the new owner.

Would definitely recommend them. Orla (the owner) is lovely & very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Last Out

Hi, I would not recommend the Lady G. I went there once for a facial and did not enjoy it at all. The girl who did my facial was very unprofessional. She went for smoke break during my facial. When she came back all I could smell was her stinky hands... I would not recommend it definitely. But maybe you will get a better experience, so try and see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Last Out wrote: »
    Hi, I would not recommend the Lady G. I went there once for a facial and did not enjoy it at all. The girl who did my facial was very unprofessional. She went for smoke break during my facial. When she came back all I could smell was her stinky hands... I would not recommend it definitely. But maybe you will get a better experience, so try and see ;)

That surprises me! - would have always had a completely professional experience when dealing with Lady G - Did you mention this to the owner, if not why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Last Out

Well all I wanted is to get out of there that time... I do not know the owner in Lady G. It was my first visit there and the last. I tried few more places around. Now I am going to Eden in Wicklow Town. No bad experience yet so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Anyone been there recently? I'm thinking of booking a massage or pedicure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

audreyp wrote: »
    Anyone been there recently? I'm thinking of booking a massage or pedicure!

Have had Facials there and they were great, Got a very bad fake tan there once...rusty Nail Colour. Horrible experience. Also confusion over price etc when paying and the owner was not nice when I complained so have not been back.
    Best place for a tan in Greystones is sinE.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

I highly recommend this place. I've had 2 fake tans done in the last 2 months and both were perfect. Have had nails & waxing done & no complaints at all. I buy all my yonka products there too as Orla the owner knows her stuff with these & i find her very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Cranipea wrote: »
    I highly recommend this place. I've had 2 fake tans done in the last 2 months and both were perfect. Have had nails & waxing done & no complaints at all. I buy all my yonka products there too as Orla the owner knows her stuff with these & i find her very professional.

+1 very professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 msunderstood

Cranipea wrote: »

hahaha id hope she knows her stuff- she did have special training in the brand!!!

always found her EXTREMELY RUDE!!! had EVERYTHING there and had to stop going as i found the service not up to scratch.

heard her (ower- orla) comment on "how fat" "disgusting" and how "ill" she felt after doing a clients spray tan. she left her tan room and said this to one of her staff. i was in the wax room with a tint on- which stung the eyes off me and heard it all. if you have been to the salon you would know how easy it was that i was able to hear it.

went for a facial- was frozen. no heating in salon as "it broke???" and i was there for nearly two years of treatments and went for multiple facials thinking- it was never this bad i used to love this place, its gotten worse.

have not been for over a year and i tell EVERYONE off my bad experiences there.

and iv had the stink of smoke on me also.....and cheese and onion crips/ tuna/onions etc etc.....anything they have eaten really.

steaky tan - tick
    bad reception when you complain- tick
    broken hairs/hairy legs after a week of waxing- tick
    stingy eyes after tint- tick.

highly recommend NOT going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

I recently got an hour long massage - only it wasn't an hour at all! I was in, filled out client form, undressed, massage, dressed and paid - all within the hour. My massage was only 45 minutes and when I complained, I was told that was standard. It's NOT standard everywhere else!
    I filled out a comments card with my complaint and my phone number and never heard back. Never going back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement