Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia e51

Options
  • 04-05-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this pickle, looking to get a folder of messages off a Noka e51, have a memory card or usb at my disposal. Also is there anyway to copy all contacts to either the SIM or memory card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Easiest way to get messages off it is to use the PC Suite software that comes with the phone or download it from that link.

For the contacts - go into contacts, press options, find "Mark/Unmark", press right and select "Mark All".
    Then press options again,find copy in the list, press right and select "to SIM directory" or "to memory card".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How do you need help?

What do you want to do with the texts and contacts? If going to another phone you can send them via bluetooth in a few clicks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

duffman85 wrote: »
    Easiest way to get messages off it is to use the PC Suite software that comes with the phone or download it from that link.

For the contacts - go into contacts, press options, find "Mark/Unmark", press right and select "Mark All".
    Then press options again,find copy in the list, press right and select "to SIM directory" or "to memory card".

Didn't even notice the "Mark/Unmark", ffs.:D

How do I go about tranferring a folder of messages to my computer using the PC Suite?

In pc suite, their is a program called communication centre ( or something similar cant remember exact wording) but open that, with the phone connected, and it will show you the messages. Then you can save them to your pc hard drive.

Davy wrote: »
    In pc suite, their is a program called communication centre ( or something similar cant remember exact wording) but open that, with the phone connected, and it will show you the messages. Then you can save them to your pc hard drive.

Only thing with that is it doesn't show custom folders.

• Advertisement

Only thing with that is it doesn't show custom folders.

I thought it did :confused:
    You can move the message on the phone from the custom folder to your inbox, which will defo let you see them on pc suite.

Im using ovi suite on this computer so dont have pc suite. you can try ovi and see is that any better for you. It lets you filter messages better than pc suite does.

Davy wrote: »
    I thought it did :confused:
    You can move the message on the phone from the custom folder to your inbox, which will defo let you see them on pc suite.

Im using ovi suite on this computer so dont have pc suite. you can try ovi and see is that any better for you. It lets you filter messages better than pc suite does.

Ye I'll try a different phone tomorrow but it wouldn't let me access the custom folder, only thing is there's like 50 messages so moving them to the indox would be a pain.

Ye I'll try a different phone tomorrow but it wouldn't let me access the custom folder, only thing is there's like 50 messages so moving them to the indox would be a pain.

Why cant you mark all, and then move?

Advertisement