Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard Rí Hotel..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Cabaal wrote: »
    The hotel closed and scumbags got into it and made ****e of it basically, oh and they also set fire to it.

yeah and that Mceniff chap jsut deserted it when things wheren't going well for him, out of sight, out of mind for him and he all the way up in Donegal....ya can be sure he isn't closing any hotels up in Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

dazftw wrote: »
    I went up there to take some photos today with a friend. The place is just destroyed.. Its like a bomb went off up there. I was looking on youtube tonight and found this:

My god like, that is a fcuking disgrace! I dont think I've ever seen a building in such a disraceful condition!

I've seen pics of the inside of Loftus Hall out on Hook, and it's not anywhere near as bad, and that's been shut up for a lot longer!

This should be brought to the attention of the national media, then maybe they may be pressured to do something about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

yeah and that Mceniff chap jsut deserted it when things wheren't going well for him, out of sight, out of mind for him and he all the way up in Donegal....ya can be sure he isn't closing any hotels up in Donegal

McEniff sold it to developers a while ago, nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Ledger wrote: »
    My god like, that is a fcuking disgrace! I dont think I've ever seen a building in such a disraceful condition!

I've seen pics of the inside of Loftus Hall out on Hook, and it's not anywhere near as bad, and that's been shut up for a lot longer!

This should be brought to the attention of the national media, then maybe they may be pressured to do something about it!

last place i was in that was that derelict was the old infirmary in town here years and years ago,,ard rii has really gone down hill so quick,,who ever made the video had a very good eye for it,,love the way at 1.31 how he captures the phantom face brilliant:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus,

Those photos are just downright spooky. I went up there a good bit when it was open for various reasons. It's wierd being able to spot the different area's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I didnt think it was that bad,really whats the point in cleaning it,knock the fucking thing :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

last place i was in that was that derelict was the old infirmary in town here years and years ago,,ard rii has really gone down hill so quick,,who ever made the video had a very good eye for it,,love the way at 1.31 how he captures the phantom face brilliant:)

I didn't see anything at 1.31 (but then maybe it was a phantom).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

dayshah wrote: »

thanks.. now i know im not the only one haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Celtic Tiger v2 will revive it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

maybe i should have said mask instead of face :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I went to my ex's debs up there. So eerie to see it as it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think the developer has agreed to knock it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

get it in writing! Should be made do it before June

I must say that video is brilliant and very well made,anybody on here do it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was looking for who did it, their site seems to be hacked so not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Some nice views of the city from up there....I was very surprised the scumbags hadn't ripped out the copper and other pipes in thee place to sell to the scrap dealers for their next fix. In the us an abandoned building like that would be picked to the bone of all valuables. There was even sone decent looking wooodwork.....cmon you scumbags, get with it ya lazy cnuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I must say that video is brilliant and very well made,anybody on here do it?

Think it was the same guys who were skating in there to be honest.

Junior wrote: »
    Think it was the same guys who were skating in there to be honest.

Yeah id say it is myself, judging by all the skating videos on there YouTube channel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The place, I think, is mostly in the state its in because of people tearing it apart for valuables. Sinks, baths, copper, computers, desks, etc all taken. The kitchen in its entirety was completely removed. Its gutted to take out anything that can be sold on. Even fecking carpet and beds!!

Sully wrote: »
    The place, I think, is mostly in the state its in because of people tearing it apart for valuables. Sinks, baths, copper, computers, desks, etc all taken. The kitchen in its entirety was completely removed. Its gutted to take out anything that can be sold on. Even fecking carpet and beds!!

I just can't understand why the developer didn't do it himself. At the very least they could have donated the stuff to the men's hostel or some charity like that.

If the place had been properly stripped there would have been less attraction for people to go up there, staying the night in comfy beds and smashing all the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i think myself that the developer wanted it to happen!!! that the place would be torn apart so it would make light work when it eventually came to demolition time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just can't understand why the developer didn't do it himself. At the very least they could have donated the stuff to the men's hostel or some charity like that.

Read that back again and you may see two incompatible aspects to your post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 b0lt

Was looking for who did it, their site seems to be hacked so not sure.

i know him. hes a local skater

always taught it would have made a great urban indoor outdoor pursuit center with a little effort put into it the way it,,paint balling absaling ect:)

been done! :D

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1735/201101050214.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

haha very good

b0lt wrote: »
    i know him. hes a local skater

Might be interested in his services, get him to contact me; kevin@alphadesign.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

i think myself that the developer wanted it to happen!!! that the place would be torn apart so it would make light work when it eventually came to demolition time

Well if you allow the place go to **** its easier to get planning permission. People will say things like 'oh a 27 storey shopping centre is better than whats there, and Waterford needs a Marks and Spencers'. If its left in good condition there is less urgency for development in the location.

Perhaps I'm cynical (though I call it realism).

dazftw wrote: »

hahahahaha FAIL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Might be interested in his services, get him to contact me; kevin@alphadesign.ie

Hey I know him, you dont want to get involved in that situation, He makes all his videos when he's on acid

Advertisement