Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard Rí Hotel..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Will we be able to go up the hill for the view or is that off the table as well?

I get the strange feeling i've asked that question before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

I agree with getting a grafitti artist in to spray the building.
    Maybe Banksy, but just make something not as 'cold'.
    5330587_9f24dfb66a_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the white screens on the front will be used for projecting images onto
    advertising etc they hope to make a packet from it to pay the 160000 bond they took out on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I saw it the other day, some changes made on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Can the projection system work in daylight?

I think its a good idea, but during the tall ships it will be bright until about 22.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dayshah wrote: »

I think its a good idea, but during the tall ships it will be bright until about 22.00.

Yeah was wondering about that myself. It must do in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

dayshah wrote: »

Drive in movies!!!! park in the quay, use those horrible loud speakers they had for St Patrick's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Drive in movies!!!! park in the quay, use those horrible loud speakers they had for St Patrick's day.

Or low range radio, like they did in Millers Marsh a few years ago.

Dunno did it work in daylight
    But the 1 window they left uncovered seems to be smashed in now...weird move leavin 1 uncovered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Dunno did it work in daylight
    But the 1 window they left uncovered seems to be smashed in now...weird move leavin 1 uncovered

I though the same myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I regret not going for a look at the place to see the mess, i doubt ill be able to get in there now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

It is looking really well now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

I will be walking down the Quay in an hour or so and will take pictures of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I wrote a letter to the city manager and suggested they do an architectural projection mapping show on it as a climax to the Tall Ships. Look up AC/DC Rochester Castle on YouTube.

My company would have organised it all. 3D imaging, design, production, everything. It would be the most amazing thing the country, let alone the town has ever seen.

Imagine seeing the Ardree tumble to the ground, leaving only the bare hillside visible! A viking battle! Tall Ships battling off Waterford Harbour!

However the email (not letter) I got back said they didn't have enough money to do it, despite handing over 1.25 million to the Tall Ships committee.

They apparently have been quoted more than 150,000 to do still projections, which is far too much for that, and my idea wouldn't have cost much more.

Such a pity.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

alinton wrote: »
    I wrote a letter to the city manager and suggested they do an architectural projection mapping show on it as a climax to the Tall Ships. Look up AC/DC Rochester Castle on YouTube.

My company would have organised it all. 3D imaging, design, production, everything. It would be the most amazing thing the country, let alone the town has ever seen.

Imagine seeing the Ardree tumble to the ground, leaving only the bare hillside visible! A viking battle! Tall Ships battling off Waterford Harbour!

However the email (not letter) I got back said they didn't have enough money to do it, despite handing over 1.25 million to the Tall Ships committee.

They apparently have been quoted more than 150,000 to do still projections, which is far too much for that, and my idea wouldn't have cost much more.

Such a pity.

A.

Perhaps you should get your idea across to the local media and councillors. Try and attract some attention to your endeavours..surely a Waterford company offering such a skilled technological service shouldn't go unnoticed

Lads look state of the streets,with potholes and trenchs would it be a priority to sort out that mess first

Perhaps you should get your idea across to the local media and councillors. Try and attract some attention to your endeavours..surely a Waterford company offering such a skilled technological service shouldn't go unnoticed

Agreed, but where to start? At this stage it would need a quick decision to go ahead.

There seems to be a lot of money being spent, but I fear that, as is often the case, the result will be half-arsed.

I offered the opportunity to do something not only 'proper', but also spectacular and amazing - but it seems the will isn't there.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Des Whelan is the key here, chairman of Tall Ships committee and WLR big cheese, I'd get in touch with Deise AMs own Billy McCarthy see if you can wrangle 10 mins with him. Whelan might just link 2 and 2 and reach 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Such a pity.

A.

why is it a pity??? cause u wont make money.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Such a pity.

A.

Looked up that ACDC castle clip, EXCELLENT. Still images wont be a patch on that. Synchronized to music also, excellent.

robtri wrote: »
    why is it a pity??? cause u wont make money.......

No, because it would be a spectacular event, the like of which the country hasn't seen before, and it would put Waterford firmly on the map and give Dublin a hell of a lot to live up to next year.

A.

No, because it would be a spectacular event, the like of which the country hasn't seen before, and it would put Waterford firmly on the map and give Dublin a hell of a lot to live up to next year.

A.

Have you got in contact with anyone to get the ball rolling?

O Riain wrote: »
    Have you got in contact with anyone to get the ball rolling?

Just a letter to the city manager like I said, who said they couldn't afford it.

Despite handing over 1.25M euro to the Tall Ships cttee.

A.

Just a letter to the city manager like I said, who said they couldn't afford it.

Despite handing over 1.25M euro to the Tall Ships cttee.

A.

You said there was still time to do it and a few posters above suggested channels you could go down to possibly get it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Ya need to figure out whose palm to grease first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Don't want to hijack this thread but as an outsider the one thing that I Feel could improve the city enormously is the levelling of this monster, to quote prince charles,

3000784078_333f844342.jpg

its like a carrabunicle on the neck of an old friend.

Shame on everyone for not getting this flattened while waiting to develop the area later. :(

I'm not going to go begging, those that matter know my idea, where I am and how to contact me.

If they're not interested, that's up to them.

They also know that I could organise the still projections (a pale substitute) for far less than the amounts they've been quoted.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

That ACDC clip is amazing.. It'd really be something to remember!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

I'm not going to go begging, those that matter know my idea, where I am and how to contact me.

If they're not interested, that's up to them.

They also know that I could organise the still projections (a pale substitute) for far less than the amounts they've been quoted.

A.

...but if someone already greased their palms theu dont care about saving money!!!

Advertisement