Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Servers are too busy...

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So for some reason I cant play any of my games because the Steam Server is too busy. What a load of crock :rolleyes:
    Happening to anyone else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

i bought the racing pack and currently d/l at 60kbs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Might be something to do with TF2's 119th update

http://www.teamfortress.com/119/

Im pretty sure I has the Gold Medal but i havent reinstalled to check. Waiting for the engy to come out and praying for balance in the force again :)
    Added a 20% damage bonus to The Backburner

woo-hoo-211x300.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Completely forgot about the MW2 Stimulus map pack being out today. Thats probably another reason lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Overheal wrote: »

woo-hoo-211x300.jpg

pyro was majorally nerfed overall:
    Pyro changes

* Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.
    * Burn duration reduced (10 -> 6 seconds).
    * Airblast re-fire delay reduced by 25%.
    * Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.
    * All reflected rockets/grenades/arrows now mini-crit.
    * Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.

Not really, the only nerfs was direct burn damage and burn duration. Which basically affects only nefarious W+M1 play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Reducing the burn time is hardly going to reduce the amount of people playing w+m1 way?

Also according to the people on the steam forum, the backburner was included in the 20% reduction, so increasing by 20% again still leaves it worse off than it was before.

Reducing the burn time is hardly going to reduce the amount of people playing w+m1 way?
    of course not, but its now less effective.
    Also according to the people on the steam forum, the backburner was included in the 20% reduction, so increasing by 20% again still leaves it worse off than it was before.
    Only when running around aimlessly. When used correctly in the hands of a tactful player it can be far more useful. Similalry airburst play is also now much more encouraged. the end result will be that you will see runaround pyros sinking down to the bottom of the scoreboard while pyros that have their thinking caps on will be duly rewarded for their efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Flare gun is now usless also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It was always useless, a little splash damage would have made it a nice weapon, but its so easy to dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

When used correctly in the hands of a tactful player it can be far more useful.

If they ask politely for someone to let them kill them, then the person might feel sorry for them and say yes - is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Missed the gold medal by about 20 days :(

Jumpy wrote: »
    It was always useless, a little splash damage would have made it a nice weapon, but its so easy to dodge.
    Its my go-to secondary! Or it was, back when I was playing. Burn damage at an incredibly long range, nevermind it does feck all damage by itself but its enough to disrupt a sniper's aim for instance, which can be invaluable to the team effort as a whole not to mention your own skin. When they introduced Payload Race it also got a nice minicrit buff too.
    pwd wrote: »
    If they ask politely for someone to let them kill them, then the person might feel sorry for them and say yes - is that what you mean?
    No.... I mean learning how to actually play the pyro class, which involves a lot of misdirection and ambush tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

No.... I mean learning how to actually play the pyro class, which involves a lot of misdirection and ambush tactics.
    Oh you mean "tactical" then. Tactful means something completely different.

I was playing as a pyro, and as a medic mainly healing a pyro, on arena maps last week, after the update. Did well in both cases, using the backburner still. I did notice the flaregun wasn't doing too much damage, but you still kill people very fast if you attack them from behind with the backburner.

Yeah youll never really get many kills with the flaregun but it still manages to break up the ranks (run for health) without the nasty mess of having to get in close quarters. Especially when in open areas where theres no way for you to cover the distance before youre shot to ribbons.

Not that the shotty isnt useful (it very well is) but not in the same manner. Usually involves lighting people up with the flamethrower and then using the shotty at a safer distance to beat their health down to levels the afterburn can take care of.

Advertisement