Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise please friend thrown out of house

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a friend was thrown out of his house over the weekend by his family he was outed by someone to them, I only found about about this, this evening. I can't get to Dublin now. He is in a hostel at the momment has been for the last few days. He did vist the SWoffice/officer today, is there anything else that can be done ? I can't take him in, for very personal reasons. Any adivse or help please ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

What age is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

He is 26. Thanks Johnnymcg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Chorcai wrote: »
    He is 26. Thanks Johnnymcg

About time he moved out so!

testicle wrote: »
    About time he moved out so!

Not the case here and not helpfull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

What exactly is stopping you from taking him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Is he capable of supporting himself financially? If so, you can give him advice and emotional support. If not, you can help him get a job, maybe help with a renters' deposit, and get him started off independently.

When you say his family's house: was he thrown out by his parents, or by a heterosexual spouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Iam really sorry to hear about your friend but at 26 he should be able to take care of himself.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Thats bad luck. Has he no friends he can stay with? There is an accomodation section on www.gaycork.com but not sure how much is up on it at the moment.

To my amazement this has been sorted a lot quicker than we thought. I dont know was it luck or what but he meet a lovely SWO who seemed to fast track everything. He is now moving out of the hostel and has 3 job interviews lined up.

The main reason at the time why he couldn't move in with me was I live to far out in country with no car, he was dealing with SW in Dublin. We had talked about it and it just didnt add up to move up here with me.

@vampire of kilmainham:

He moved home from the UK, his folks didn't want anything to do with him. He was more or less left in Dublin airport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Glad he got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

spurious wrote: »
    Glad he got it sorted.

Ditto.

Advertisement