Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with moderation on soccer boards

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

I do this with great reluctance but am having a major problem with the moderation on the Soccer Forum.
    Yesterday a mod unfairly closed a thread of mine because it was a duplicate thread.
    Two other sets of duplicate threads were allowed to stand. Today a mod inflamed the situation by opening a parody thread as if to make a point.
    I asked him online to close the thread (after failing to get anywhere with him via pm and he has since threatened me with a ban. CM has not got back to me on a previous query so feel this is my only avenue left open.
    I am not going to post on a forum where posters so regularly back mod in terms of getting threads closed (which inadvertedly led to my thread being closed) while at the same time being infracted for back modding myself.
    It seems Mods are reluctant to take any form of criticism there. I would like to take this to disputes resolution as at this stage its the only way I am going to get a fair hearing at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I do this with great reluctance but am having a major problem with the moderation on the Soccer Forum.
    Yesterday a mod unfairly closed a thread of mine because it was a duplicate thread.
    Sounds fair to me if it's a duplicate thread then newer one shall be closed.
    Two other sets of duplicate threads were allowed to stand. Today a mod inflamed the situation by opening a parody thread as if to make a point.
    The goatee thread? It was about if someone should wear a goatee or not, I'm not sure how that's inflaming a sutuation or making a point. It seems to be a light hearted thread discussing someone's facial hair.
    I asked him online to close the thread (after failing to get anywhere with him via pm and he has since threatened me with a ban. CM has not got back to me on a previous query so feel this is my only avenue left open.
    You dragged the thread off topic by demanding the thread be closed or you'll be 'disappointed' in the mod. This is back seat modding, if you have a problem with a modding decision don't post on thread about it.
    I am not going to post on a forum where posters so regularly back mod in terms of getting threads closed (which inadvertedly led to my thread being closed) while at the same time being infracted for back modding myself.
    You've got a ban from the forum, so you can't post, sorry.
    It seems Mods are reluctant to take any form of criticism there. I would like to take this to disputes resolution as at this stage its the only way I am going to get a fair hearing at this stage.
    I'm backing the mods on this.

From what I see you have gone against the whole forums direction by petty squabbling and perpetual argumentation with no sign of understanding, even lack of clarity of proof that you have read opposing views. You have recently tried inexhaustibly to change the way the soccer forum works and at every point the soccer forum regulars and moderators have disagreed with your ideas and desires for the forum.

I'm fed up seeing a whole forum get agitated practically on a daily basis, so this is why I back the mods on this ban.

You are very quick to point out people's breaking of the soccer forum charter but when it comes to yourself you're fine to ignore the rules such as backseat modding, off-topicness and finally insulting language. I didn't think you insulted people tbh, but when looking for "your"* closed thread I saw this use of white text.
    No just curious ya big fecking eejit:rolleyes:

I'm honestly starting to believe what people are saying about you that you are trolling, at this point.

That's my decision.

*once a thread has more than the original poster post in it, it loses OP 'ownership'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Gordon wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me if it's a duplicate thread then newer one shall be closed.

That may well be the case but mod chose to leave the other threads open while posters put pressure on another thread of mine to be closed even though it was three months old.

The goatee thread? It was about if someone should wear a goatee or not, I'm not sure how that's inflaming a sutuation or making a point. It seems to be a light hearted thread discussing someone's facial hair.

Again I had pmd a mod on one of my threads being close so felt for another mod to then open this was inflaming the situation.

You dragged the thread off topic by demanding the thread be closed or you'll be 'disappointed' in the mod. This is back seat modding, if you have a problem with a modding decision don't post on thread about it.

I had pmd mod on this but got absolutely nowhere with him.

You've got a ban from the forum, so you can't post, sorry.

I'm backing the mods on this.

From what I see you have gone against the whole forums direction by petty squabbling and perpetual argumentation with no sign of understanding, even lack of clarity of proof that you have read opposing views. You have recently tried inexhaustibly to change the way the soccer forum works and at every point the soccer forum regulars and moderators have disagreed with your ideas and desires for the forum.

I'm fed up seeing a whole forum get agitated practically on a daily basis, so this is why I back the mods on this ban.

You are very quick to point out people's breaking of the soccer forum charter but when it comes to yourself you're fine to ignore the rules such as backseat modding, off-topicness and finally insulting language. I didn't think you insulted people tbh, but when looking for "your"* closed thread I saw this use of white text.

I'm honestly starting to believe what people are saying about you that you are trolling, at this point.

That's my decision.

Re the white text had done this folowing a certain degree of provocation from that poster.

*once a thread has more than the original poster post in it, it loses OP 'ownership'
    Answers in bold. To add Im not exactly over the moon that this is dragging on so long. I have been on and on about posters back modding on that SF. Is there going to be a resolution to it. When posters start saying why is this thread open as they continually do that comes across as back modding. My post count is being continually brought up yet it is only an issue on that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All I can say to all that is: Rise above it.

I'll close this soon then, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes maybe thats the best thing to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement