Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test

• 04-05-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Want to apply for my driving test been driving on a provisional since last summer!
    How much is it to apply and how do I go about doing so..?
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

www.drivingtest.ie

75 Euro

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Quick question for y'all (sorry to kinda hijack the thread):

If I do my theory test over the summer while I'm 16, when I turn 17 in the autumn, will I automatically recieve my Provisional License?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

jumpguy wrote: »

If I do my theory test over the summer while I'm 16, when I turn 17 in the autumn, will I automatically recieve my Provisional License?

No, you'll have to send away for it. (With the cert that you passed the theory test)

Get a form thing from your local garda station, do the eye test and then send it away when you turn 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

jumpguy wrote: »

No, you have to get your eyes tested which is about €20, fill in a form and give in €15 for the licence into your local motor tax office. You will get the provisional in a few days and then you must have if for six months before you can apply for your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

If your eyesight isn't the best what happens?
    I used to wear glasses but the optometrist said there was no point because they weren't making a difference?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

storm2811 wrote: »
    If your eyesight isn't the best what happens?
    I used to wear glasses but the optometrist said there was no point because they weren't making a difference?:confused:

Nothing really if you past the exam. if you don't you have to get an eye test and told to wear glasses when driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I have fairly bad eyesight, and on my licence in one of the restrictions it just says I need to wear corrective lenses while driving. Doesn't make a difference really to your licence, just make sure you wear them. It makes reading speed limits, licence plates and road signs a hell of a lot easier :P

Wow I miss driving :( Who wants to buy me insurance? :D

Advertisement