Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Asrock motherboard/New Build -Please help!

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I decided it would be a good idea to build my own computer so it was all going so well until I actually turned it on!

Basically, so far I installed all the components and powered on. It comes up to the ASRock EUP Ready Splash screen.

It has 4 options:
    1 Press F2 for Del to run set up
    2 Press F6 for instant Flash
    3 Press F11 for boot menu
    4 Press Tab to switch screen

None of the options work except the 1 and last one.

It would bring me to a black page with

AMIBIOS(c) 2006 American Megatrends, Inc.
    H55M Biod P1.30
    CPU: Intel(r) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

Press F6 for Instant Flash
    Boot Selection PopUp menu has been selected
    Dual Channel Memory Mode
    4048mb OK

My RAM: 2x 2GB GSKILL RAM
    My process: Intel i5 Processor

I have a USB Bootable with Ubuntu on it which I am trying to load but can't get the boot selection menu or bios loaded. It's really doing me head in!

I probably forgot something really basic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Okay not a hundred percent on this but normally with most BIOS its del to get into the setup, i see they are saying F2 to get in but start the system without your USB drive in and once it starts repeatedly tap del or F2 and see if it brings you into the bios.

Normally if you have bootable media in the drive after all the splash screens it would ask you to install or boot from media by pressing any key, has that come up for you yet?

Sorry if you've already done this, I just find that starting simple is best. If worst comes to worse reset your bios by either pressing a button that might be on the board, unplugging the system for a while ~15 mins sometimes resets them or by removing the CMOS battery on the board for around 5 mins. After that if you're problem isn't fixed you might have to try to flash the bios. I had an issue very similar to this on an asus board and I sent it back to find out there wasn't a full BIOS installed on the board

Advertisement