Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lock internet access on Windows7?

• 04-05-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

hi all

I have installed new acer PC and always on vodafone home broadband for girlfriends parents ant 2 younger siblings.

everything is set up good, but I want to know if there is a way to disable or lock access to the internet?

I would have said to disable the connection in the networks panel but (over phone) they tell me that in win 7 with always on bb if they do this they have to set up the connection again everytime they reconnect (dunno if this is actually the case)

I know there is content lock in IE, but we're talking a precocious pair of twins here, if they think they're bein kept away from the latest pokeman screensaver they'll figure out ways around IE in mins! Also the parents WANT to be able to use other browsers themselves on the pc.

I have considered setting up a seperate user account for the kids that will stop them installing or having access to other browsers, but this will also stop them installing harmless games etc and have the parents plagued, which was why they have their own PC access in the first place.

so basically on the previous (win98 :eek:) pc they had dial up, which automatically comes with a password gate,
    is there some way of getting something similar on win7?

BTW I dont have win7 available myself to try things with, working on an XP pc on other side of country!

thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial139.html

This covers some of the features that are incorporated into Vista/Windows 7, these parental controls can be used to block kids from using the pc at selected times.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

hey thanks backspacer

that was very helpfull and have all setup now, guess its easy when ya know what to look for :)

ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

glad to help man, those settings are well hidden anyways so takes a while to find them at the best of times.

Advertisement