Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - sat nav update too large

Options
  • 04-05-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am sorry to ask a question which has been asked a million times but would anyone be kind enough to give me step by step instructions on how to install the update onto a memory card? I am not a techie at all and am worried I will destroy my sat nav :(

I have a nuvi 250 with an 8 gb memory card installed - the update I have has all of Europe on which which I would really like to keep as I am heading off driving around Europe next week.

Thank you very much in advance to anyone that can help me

Little Miss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

might be as simple as get a bigger memory card?
    See if the device supports High Capacity SD cards and buy a 16 gb one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

The update is 4gb so it should fit, it is just that I don't know how to get it onto the card

do you have a memory card reader? it's usually just pop memory card into reader, then into a pc and copy the files onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Yeah I have a memory card reader, do I literally just copy and paste the update file?
    Do I then just put the card into the sat nav and then it can read it?
    Will it still try to use the old maps on the unit?

Thanks so much for helping

I don't have a garmin, but the garmin support site suggests install http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp and using that to do the update

• Advertisement
Advertisement