Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking to re-carpet the house, any ideas where is well priced ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

avoid carpetright

in dublin try allied carpets in robinhood, kildare try shay dowling in newbridge or maurice flinter in athy.

the above guys will always have access to special from various manufacturers and use their own guys to fit and will quote you an inclusive price with no extras added later

also, their locations in business parks rater than high rent retail parks means better value as does the fact they've been around for many many years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Keepan Eye

I got a CARPET a 'Check pattern weave'. It was for stairs etc. The Fitter laid it crooked. Looks awful. He also cut it too short so it doesnt adhere to the brass door trim. Terrible work. I got it from a Nationwide Franchise shop which has shops in Britain too. The work is Sooo WRONG. [ hint ].
    I now realise that the shop wont be held responsible for the FITTERS mess. They state in their Terms that the Fitter is a sub contractor and I as the buyer have to Vet and be responsible for his quality of work. So the tip here is that firstly do not buy from this Franchise and make sure that the shop you buy from Employs its own fitters directly and will stand over the quality of the fit. :mad:

Advertisement