If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the market for a 37/40" DTT-ready LCD

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Guys,
    I'm looking to purchase an LCD TV in the coming weeks. My wish list is as follows:
    • 37" or 40" screen
    • Full HD 1080p
    • 100Hz refresh rate
    • 100,000 contrast ratio
    • MPEG4 Digital Tuner (Irish DTT ready)
    What can you recommend along with prices from both Dublin (Philips) and Belfast (e.g. Sony etc.)? Please include any discounts (if applicable).

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey bearback,

We have some very nice new Philips TV's due in to us next week.

How aboout the 37" 37PFL5405H 100Hz LCD TV, Contrast 100,000:1, Full HD 1080p and with the MPEG2 and MPEG4 tuner built in for the Irish broadcast. Coming in at €699.99.

Spec: http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

Or the next step up is the 40PFL5605H 100Hz LED LCD 1080p, contrast 500,000:1 and again with tuners built in to recieve the irish broadcast. Coming in at €999.99

Spec: http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

Hope these can tempt you. ;)

Drop me a PM if you're interested. Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bearback

Nicola,

Thanks for your reply, I can drop in to see these in action next week - do you have a definite date when they will be in?

Would you mind asking your colleagues in Belfast if they have anything similar in their Sony or LG range?

Tnx

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bearback wrote: »
    Guys,
    I'm looking to purchase an LCD TV in the coming weeks. My wish list is as follows:
    • 37" or 40" screen
    • Full HD 1080p
    • 100Hz refresh rate
    • 100,000 contrast ratio
    • MPEG4 Digital Tuner (Irish DTT ready)
    What can you recommend along with prices from both Dublin (Philips) and Belfast (e.g. Sony etc.)? Please include any discounts (if applicable).

Tnx

BB,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - How about this:

LG 42LF7700

• 37" or 40" screen - Close - It's a 42"
    • Full HD 1080p - Check
    • 100Hz refresh rate - Check
    • 100,000 contrast ratio - 80,000:1 (Close)
    • MPEG4 Digital Tuner (Irish DTT ready) - Check

It also has Freesat HD and it looks great - £599.95 / €699

Keep us posted if this is of interest or if we have to go back to the drawing board.

ATB,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,

Thanks for your reply but I've decided to settle for 37" with the rest of the criteria still the same. I don't suppose you can quote me for the Sony 37EX503 - not listed on your website but just on the off-chance - or similar.

Cheers,

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Hi

I'm also in the market for a 37" tv and I have my eye on the SAMSUNG LE37B530. Would you be able to give me a quote for this please if available?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bearback wrote: »
    John,

Thanks for your reply but I've decided to settle for 37" with the rest of the criteria still the same. I don't suppose you can quote me for the Sony 37EX503 - not listed on your website but just on the off-chance - or similar.

Cheers,

BB

BB,

typical,

we stock the 32" and the 40" 503 but not the 37" - anything else grab your fancy??

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,

Do you have anything else in the Sony range that is 37", full 1080p HD, 100Hz with MPEG4 tuner?

Failing that I'll more than likely go for the new 37PFL5405H which Nicola mentioned above.

Cheers, BB

Hi Bearback

I've been told to expect most of the 5405/5605/7605 TV's next week from Monday 17th onwards - so I'd say I should have them by friday nextweek latest.

As ever I'll post up when they arrive in.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Hi

I'm also in the market for a 37" tv and I have my eye on the SAMSUNG LE37B530. Would you be able to give me a quote for this please if available?

Thanks

Hi Ashley

Did you miss my post or do I need to start a new thread?

Hi there Bored Newbie.

I'm based in the Philips Shop in Dublin so can help you with all things Philips.

For the latest Samsung prices contact Dave or Kenny in Richer Sounds, they post up on this site as well -- search "Richersounds.ie (Dave)" or "Richersounds.ie (Kenny)"

There can be restrictions to what they can ship so best speak with them.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.