Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little cat I like to call Zigmund Freud. . .

• 04-05-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Coz I think he's trying to fcuk with my head!!!

His real name is Ziggy.

This is him staring out of the window at random passers by. I wholeheartedly believe that he's attempting to hypnotize them, with the intention of making them walk out onto the road just outside and get creamed by a truck or something. I've witnessed it almost happen a few times now:
    4579535262_2c7995d20d.jpg

This is the gaze I'm often greeted with when his 'mammy' (my girlfriend) isn't around. By some miracle of genetics (I'm 4/8ths Apache Indian and 2/3rds Cyborg Ninja Pirate) I appear to be immune to his hypnotic suggestions, but I can sometimes hear a faint psychic echo along the lines of, "I will pee in your mouth while you sleep". Usually once he realizes that his mind bullets can't ensnare me he attacks with the ferocity of a Nazi Gorilla in heat and a set of talons which I imagine are composed of some element unknown to mankind:
    4579610836_93f5b332e2.jpg

This is the position he adopts when his 'mammy' is around. I believe when he is in this state, that he is attempting some form of astral projection in order to completely compromise my girlfriends mind. Because, if I attempt to approach him in this state, she is the one who attacks me:
    4579627832_d4ecc17211.jpg

I believe his psychotic tendencies and maybe even his mentalist powers are a result of his addiction to these little trinkets. I fear he may have been an innocent little snowball at some point, but has been 'tempted' to the dark side by these, possibly crack laden, morsels. I attempted to eat one myself once, in the hopes of gaining the powers to fight him, but it tasted rotten so I spat it out.

4579564272_e6cda28261.jpg

Yeah, I ain't a fan of cats :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

don't particularly like cats meself but i think these are pretty cool. well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love the pictures, very good quality.
    Hate the story. Sorry. :D

1 and 4 are especially brilliant.
    #4 is just about the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

4 would prob make a good whiskas ad:p
    I mean that in a good way btw,love the pics:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

gloobag darling.... strange little tale you tell. Have you been sniffing a bag of glue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    don't particularly like cats meself but i think these are pretty cool. well done.

Oh the ironing! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

katiemaloe wrote: »
    gloobag darling.... strange little tale you tell. Have you been sniffing a bag of glue?
    It was just the once, but I'm still paying for it to this day.

Winners don't use drugs kids! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

2nd has a very human feel to it. I like it a lot.. I don't like cats much either myself

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

haha thanks for the laugh, super images!! Really nice processing and lovely & sharp. The last shot is top notch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Love #2. Get a wide-angle lens and get really, really close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I love cats, I love their arrogance and tenacity. They strut about like they own you! not other way around. My Mother has a 9 year old furball named lucky. And she really is! She's been in the mouth of a greyhound, fought with many a bull terrier/Alsatian/mutt and survived. She's been chased by rogue children, kicked, thrown, had stones fired at ... and yet she still walks the street with a swagger like she's immortal. The dogs and kids have just learned not to F with her :D

I cannot stand dogs, stinking, **** spreading dopey mutts [IMO before you dog lovers get all up in the face loike] ... but that's a whole other story.

Love the pic's + story :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I cannot stand dogs, stinking, **** spreading dopey mutts [IMO before you dog lovers get all up in the face loike] ... but that's a whole other story.

Love the pic's + story :D

How could u hate dogs?

They stink!! :D

Well, tbh, I've a fear of large dogs, stems back to when I was a kid. I grew up in a council estate that was full of them. Had encounters with enough of them not to trust them.

Also, though this may be more so a hatred of lazy dog owners, I hate having to step over their excrement every few metres on the road nearby into town.

My sisters have dogs, friends of mine have dogs ... but I still don't like them. And I hate how owners expect you to allow their smelly dog jump all over you when you visit. And treat them like they're children. Cats look after themselves pretty much and tend to stay away. Which I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Great pics , and I gotta say I got a laugh out of the little story !:D Im a known pussy lover myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

They stink!! :D

Well, tbh, I've a fear of large dogs, stems back to when I was a kid. I grew up in a council estate that was full of them. Had encounters with enough of them not to trust them.

Also, though this may be more so a hatred of lazy dog owners, I hate having to step over their excrement every few metres on the road nearby into town.

My sisters have dogs, friends of mine have dogs ... but I still don't like them. And I hate how owners expect you to allow their smelly dog jump all over you when you visit. And treat them like they're children. Cats look after themselves pretty much and tend to stay away. Which I like.

You can't really blame that stuff on the dog to be honest. It is actually the owners fault, and the 'lazy' dog owners are definitely in the majority in this country.

Dogs need structure and discipline in their lives just as much as a growing child, and it needs to be consistent. My own pooch is very well behaved, because we really put the effort in from an early age and kept it up. She's also not smelly, she actually cleans herself a lot like a cat would (not sure if this is just a Husky thing or what though).

I've included a couple of pics of her to keep the thread photography related:

4449805951_da4858face.jpg

3782574336_a334849490.jpg

3782472864_5fb27df899.jpg

Yep, I'm a dog person :)

Nice dog pics they are too :)

I know, can't really blame the dogs for their owner's laziness. But I still dislike the aggressive ones that feel like attacking me whenever I meet them! :eek:

And just to show I don't hate them all, I like the friendly ones:

61760448BA1A4A768BDBB2C05D813C55-500.jpg

Took that only yesterday. This dog was left in the car outside a local shop, I walked over and took a couple of pics as he seemed friendly. he was, not a bark or growl and no foaming at the mouth :D

Advertisement