Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuing property for legal separation

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My solicitor has asked me to get valuations on family home and two investment properties we have for the court case. Any advice about what to ask for when contacting different agencies. Should I get an agent in the local areas where the properties are?
    How much should I pay?
    What should be in the valuation?
    Properties are simple , family home and one investment property are semis in residential areas and apartment in city centre.
    Do they just look at Daft or Myhome and take an average ? How do you know what its worth untill you put it on the market?
    Any advice welcome . If anyone has been through the courts their advice is very welcome :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

sosingle wrote: »
    My solicitor has asked me to get valuations on family home and two investment properties we have for the court case. Any advice about what to ask for when contacting different agencies. Should I get an agent in the local areas where the properties are?
    How much should I pay?
    What should be in the valuation?
    Properties are simple , family home and one investment property are semis in residential areas and apartment in city centre.
    Do they just look at Daft or Myhome and take an average ? How do you know what its worth untill you put it on the market?
    Any advice welcome . If anyone has been through the courts their advice is very welcome :confused:

Probably best to go with a local agent. Although easier to get one agent to all 3. I take it there not all in the same area.

You'll pay around 130 eruo (per property).

You'll get a valuation report, there standard enough and your agent will be familiar with them.

They'll look at SALE prices, from there own books and other agencies, note not asking prices but sale prices!

Yes they'll look at daft and my home and will contact the agents selling them to see how they're going. Generally agents are use to contacting one another for valuations (not sales) and will ehlp each other out. With genuine info, (works both ways)

They'll know whats its worth from their experience and the research above.

Be aware though the valuation may be lower than you expect as they will not bump it up so that you choose them (whcih can obviously happen in a sale seceniro)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Also be aware that there may be an extra fee in the event they have to testify in court, should things develop that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sosingle

Thanks for that . I rang one or two places and with some negotiation they came in around 130 for the property outside Dublin . Have yet to try Dublin agents.

Advertisement