Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP -- InPin Windows layout

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

Any of you guys with InPin converters, I need the layout.

1=
    2=

etc.

Can't troubleshoot without it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yo you mean that ps1 to ps3 one I have? Be happy to help man but I don't really get your question?:confused:

*edit*

Ah wait I get you , you want me to try it on windows and see which numbers that show in the control panel correspond to what buttons on the stick, I'll check for yea in the morning! (in bed on the laptop atm) :p

Ok kikster heres how it goes for me using my ps3 InPin connected to my pc.

I'll explain using default layout IE:

lp mp hp ppp
    lk mk hk kkk

So:

lp = 4

mp = 1

hp = 8

lk = 3

mk = 2

hk = 6

actually I can't tell you ppp and kkk as I don't even have 'em wired up.

Start is 12 Select is 9

Start and Select together = 13 (home button)

Btw terry I dunno if you knew that or not be you never need to press the home button on the converter at all with the ps3 one , start and select work great!

Anything else kiki let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    Btw terry I dunno if you knew that or not be you never need to press the home button on the converter at all with the ps3 one , start and select work great!

Cool! I don't use it enough to notice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thanks Sisko.

So turns out the PCB of the pad I bought does NOT work with the InPin -- just keeps repeating R2/L2 depending on which analog mode it's in.
    I've essentially paid 6euro for a PSX cable. I might be able to salvage it by putting it on an MC Cthulhu though.

Oh, and my Madcatz Fightpad PCB is dead, too. Bugger.

Ok, have an MC Cthulhu wired up & ready for PS3 now.
    For some reason, the InPin won't work with the PSX plug wired as well.
    Oh well.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Thanks Sisko.

So turns out the PCB of the pad I bought does NOT work with the InPin -- just keeps repeating R2/L2 depending on which analog mode it's in.
    I've essentially paid 6euro for a PSX cable. I might be able to salvage it by putting it on an MC Cthulhu though.

Oh, and my Madcatz Fightpad PCB is dead, too. Bugger.

Wait so you bought a ps1 dual shock pad type A with the intention of doing what me and terry did?

Is this issue after you tried wiring it? Or did you test the ps1 pad 1st? Maybe its nothing to do with the ipin maybe the pad was borked.

Do the other buttons show up? as you don't need l2 as that'd be KKK.

I didnt bother hooking up l1 or l2 , no need to do anything with analog either. Just hooked up start and select, up down left right, square triangle r1 and x circle r2.

Wait so you bought a ps1 dual shock pad type A with the intention of doing what me and terry did?

Is this issue after you tried wiring it? Or did you test the ps1 pad 1st? Maybe its nothing to do with the ipin maybe the pad was borked.

Do the other buttons show up? as you don't need l2 as that'd be KKK.

I didnt bother hooking up l1 or l2 , no need to do anything with analog either. Just hooked up start and select, up down left right, square triangle r1 and x circle r2.

It seems to have been a Dual Analog type A (no vibration), and no, I didn't test it out first :( Kinda stupid of me.
    And Analog would've been nice as a dedicated Home button.

start and select are fine man I'm telling yea. Don't bother with the analog.

So do the other buttons work then?

start and select are fine man I'm telling yea. Don't bother with the analog.

So do the other buttons work then?

Dunno, I've already replaced it with an MC Cthulhu.

*edit* And the problem was that it would turbo-fire L2 OR R2 depending on whether I'd pressed Analog or not. So it was most definitely an incompatibility.

yeah I know, I was just thinking that if you set it to turbo fire l2 and not use analog , it'd still be fine since you don't need l2.

Anyway hopefully you'll get something working.

• Advertisement

But it IS working ;)
    Only thing I can't test is the PSX plug :pac:

heh? How many wires you got coming outta this thing?

Just 2 - a USB for PC/PS3, and a PS1 for converters (hopefully).

Advertisement