Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New screen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Flaregon wrote: »
    ok I found this screen on dabs and I'm wondering what you guys think ?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/acer-v243hl-24--dvi-led-5ms-tft-6Z1F.html?refs=376750000-44600000

also its say
    it says its only 5ms
    but amazon says it 2ms and has theses stats
    8,000,000:1 , 250cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 2ms , VGA/DVI

So what do you think of this screen, is it worth 200e ?

It seems fine mate, overclockers have it as a 5ms response time so i think amazon might be off on their stats. I have 2 X 24 inch Samsung T240HDs and they're the business. I'm not a hundred percent up on my screens but people go on alot about the type of monitor they are whether they are TN monitors or not. Apparently for gaming TN monitors are better cause they give good repsonse times but have pitfalls when it comes to HD playback and colour depth.

This site gives decent definitions of what is going on screenwise but the way I've always picked my screens is to get a price in my head and a size and see what has the best reviews on somewhere like overclockers (Link)

Then I just see if i can get something in a larger size for the same price and maybe go for that if the specs are good. I'll browse around and see what people are recommending online and get back to you :D

Advertisement