Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ-550 Custom Work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

patsat wrote: »
    Fergal is getting one custom made for me from america and i should have it in the next 2 weeks!:D

The Figgy is the Man!

I told ya he's sort you.
    You should visit his shop just to see some of his creations is worth it, gave me so much Ideas seeing half made and completed custom jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

The Figgy is the Man!

I told ya he's sort you.
    You should visit his shop just to see some of his creations is worth it, gave me so much Ideas seeing half made and completed custom jobs!

Yes i'm going to drive up and collect it rather than get it sent to me just so i can have look around!:D

Thanks for the advice that ye all gave me!;)

Yes i'm going to drive up and collect it rather than get it sent to me just so i can have look around!:D

Thanks for the advice that ye all gave me!;)

Thats what boards is all about ;)

I'm sure you will be advising some of us sooner or later.

Make sure you post the pics, so other CZ owners can learn from your endeavor's too!!

Make sure you post the pics, so other CZ owners can learn from your endeavor's too!!

I sure will! Have been planning to put up a few pics for a long time now but never got the time! Have pics of my first deer I shot and a fine fallow stag among others! Last day of collage tomorrow so I shall get the finger out then!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I agree with you!:D But with the idea of free floating the barrell I don't think the stock on it at the moment would be great as the forearm is fairly thin.

;)

Patsat, start with dwighets suggestion of opening the channel and varnishing after. If the stock is too flimsy you can always make the forend stronger and stiffer like on a 527 I had.
    You mentioned mc millan stocks, only the edge is for sure lighter than a standard walnut hunter stock. Manners and the normal mcmillan stocks can be quite a bit heavier than a walnut stock.
    edi
    cz223carbonbedding.jpg

• Advertisement

ejg wrote: »
    Patsat, start with dwighets suggestion of opening the channel and varnishing after. If the stock is too flimsy you can always make the forend stronger and stiffer like on a 527 I had.

What did you use to make the stock stronger? Is it hard or would i be better off leave a professional at it??

I would be confident enough to sand it out and varnish will probly do it on my CZ 527 first to see how it goes??

Patsat,
    It's a carbon fiber lay-up. The reinforcement and bedding are done in one go. It's easy once done a few times...

I still think the biggest problem on a hunting rifle is that many owners want virtually no gap between barrel and stock ...but don't want the stock to touch the barrel under any conditions.

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

You mentioned mc millan stocks, only the edge is for sure lighter than a standard walnut hunter stock. Manners and the normal mcmillan stocks can be quite a bit heavier than a walnut stock.
    edi
    cz223carbonbedding.jpg

I like that Edi...Where were you a few years ago? I could of done with that reinforcing to my old cz 550;)

The mcmillan hunters edge are a very nice light stock indeed...I have one on my 7mm08......

But If I had to do it again I would see yourself first...

Dwighet,
    I should have my new workshop up und running by end next week.
    Drop by and have a look.
    edi

Dwighet,
    I should have my new workshop up und running by end next week.
    Drop by and have a look.
    edi

I`D like to see that

• Advertisement

Hmmm very tempting idea edi, would have no problem with a gap around the barrell atal it wouldn't bother me as long as the forearm was strong!

I shall wait till after i get the rail to see what i will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

could that be done to the 527 synthetic?

could that be done to the 527 synthetic?

Why not, perhaps even easier in synthetic!

Can you take your 527 apart and check? Your zero might move a smigeen but only a click or so. Well worth investigating!

Feidhlim,
    if it's the HS style stock it should be fine. The injection moulded stocks are awkward as the epoxy doesn't stick very well. Not sure if the 527 have injection moulded stocks... the smaller cz's do.

edi

havnt got the licence yet, but ill check when it comes. i couldnt afford the kevlar stock so i want the make the synthetic as good as possible

havnt got the licence yet, but ill check when it comes. i couldnt afford the kevlar stock so i want the make the synthetic as good as possible

Fergal White might be able to sort you out with a McMillan as he is an Irish agent now.
    e-mail him on www.Irelandcustomrifle.com

fergalwhite1@hotmail.com

I presume if you couldn't afford the kevlar...you don't want a mc millan.
    Once you have your cz you can drop in we can have a look at possibilities. We might come up with a cheap way of improving it.

Sometimes one also stumbles across a second hand wood stock that one can mess around with.
    The one I did from the picture earlier held it's zero for a year until I sold the rifle. It shot 6mm groups with sako ammo. Knocked about 60 foxes in that time.

edi

is it a heavy or light barrel?

light couldnt afford the heavy, it was about 200 extra. oh how us young fellows have to suffer

light couldnt afford the heavy, it was about 200 extra. oh how us young fellows have to suffer

I know a lad that has a laminate stock up for grabs for a 527 varmint

• Advertisement

FD, light barrel is fine.
    that laminate stock would be nice if at the right price.
    you could bed it your'e self.

edi

dwighet wrote: »
    I know a lad that has a laminate stock up for grabs for a 527 varmint

this is the stock...
    CZ_527_VARMINT_LAMINATED.png

I think the stander barrel and action wouldn't look right in it, and would it even fit it looks different around the trigger and mag well

I think the stander barrel and action wouldn't look right in it, and would it even fit it looks different around the trigger and mag well

Is the action,trigger and mag not the same and just the barrell is different?

If so it would only leave a gap around the barrell and the stock.

Dwighet how much is the stock going for??

it only uses the 3 shot mag, and doesnt have the slanty piece of metal between mag well and trigger gaurd

it only uses the 3 shot mag, and doesnt have the slanty piece of metal between mag well and trigger gaurd

is it your gun that uses a 3 shot mag?

yep, but now you put a small doubt in my mind, but im almost sure

Is the action,trigger and mag not the same and just the barrell is different?

If so it would only leave a gap around the barrell and the stock.

Dwighet how much is the stock going for??

He`s open to offers....pm me for he`s details

hmmmm.Im not familiar with that one...Ive read about them but never seen em...Are they called the m1?

• Advertisement

I'm re-bedding my stock tomorrow night. I know it's not a CZ but I'll take a few pics and post them so you will get the general idea.

Its a 2-3 day process allowing for glass to harden etc and be machined to take out roughness when hard so I'll post in Before and after

Advertisement