Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ-550 Custom Work

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Finally got my scope! Should be on the rifle by the end of the week and then its time to test a few brands of ammo!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

patsat wrote: »
    Finally got my scope! Should be on the rifle by the end of the week and then its time to test a few brands of ammo!:D:D

You got your yardage sorted any way, now you need to work out your bullet drop and wind drift!

It only starts!

I got my rifle this eve, But i have no time to look at it, have another Exam Tuesday.

What I'd give for a Holiday:D

Been on holidays since last friday so i'm only waiting on the gun!

Speaking of bedding your gun, did you bed fergal yet?!?!

By the way you speak of him you seem to have a hidden agenda!

Been on holidays since last friday so i'm only waiting on the gun!

By the way you speak of him you seem to have a hidden agenda!

I prefer the female of the species, I'm tapping a girleen from not a million miles away fro you my boy; but that's nearly here nor there.

If you read several of my posts, you'll see I recommend several people on here. No point keeping others in the dark so to speak.

I had to learn everything the hard way, my family were mostly shotgun people.
    Rifles I went out on my own with, now my family members come to me for advice on such matters.

i looked into Custom Rifles years ago riflecraft etc, but the price and paper work turned me off.

The fact I have a madman like myself into Rifles is why I get on well with him.
    we are both from Engineering backgrounds so we both are in search of that perfect rifle.

I looked at customrifle who writes on here rifle. i'll post a pic later, it is beautiful, but a little to heavy for me @1.25" I'm going .9" instead.

I have the rebed done and the new barrel ordered, but that's is so far away at the mo, only thing I see at the moment is exams!

Yes recommending several people or products is what boards are about! But constantly going on about him is doing nobody any good.

Many people recommending Fergals (or anyone elses) work on here is what boards is about and these people can deserve this publicity. i.e. I intend on posting pics of the custom rail he got me and will recommend people looking for them in the future to speak to him.

However constant praise and worship coming from the one person isn't useful to anyone!
    And you have lied to me once already about your identity why should i believe you!:rolleyes:

On a lighter note I had customrifles rifle in my hand last night, cracking gun which a similar project might be replacing my current .223
    Would love to have something that accurate but i could forget about freehand shots with it! That barrell is seriously big!:D

• Advertisement

Yes recommending several people or products is what boards are about! But constantly going on about him is doing nobody any good.

Many people recommending Fergals (or anyone elses) work on here is what boards is about and these people can deserve this publicity. i.e. I intend on posting pics of the custom rail he got me and will recommend people looking for them in the future to speak to him.

However constant praise and worship coming from the one person isn't useful to anyone!
    And you have lied to me once already about your identity why should i believe you!:rolleyes:

On a lighter note I had customrifles rifle in my hand last night, cracking gun which a similar project might be replacing my current .223
    Would love to have something that accurate but i could forget about freehand shots with it! That barrell is seriously big!:D

I never lied to you, Figgy was not going to tell you my identity or I yours. I never asked and he never told simple.

Well very few on here are familiar with his work, I would have never have known about him if it were not for Ezridax.
    And you would not have been sortedc except for me, so you have the task now son!
    My advise I give for free when it comes to Rifles, on engineering work I am a reasonable €24 per hour.
    That is of course until I have furthered my education;)

Most who shoot Figgy's stuff who i know do not use boards at all!
    So how are new comers to know what they use and who does their rifles?

You hear a lot about other gunsmiths on here and custom rifle builders.
    I have been using boards on and off since 2007, not once before this had i heard his name mentioned!

I have spent over €10k on Rifles and accessories over the past few years since I started making a few quid.

I feel slightly foolish looking back as the same money would have bought me a Tack driver of a rifle twice over

So in my defence I am looking out for guys like you who need good advice and want not to be raped in the process on costs

You got a very good deal on your job.
    If you have seen the amount of amateurs I have come across down the years you would understand.

So chill out brother, next time you are down tell Figgy to give me a call and I'll drop in and show you all my toys :D:D
    Just in case you try calling me a liar again!

Just in case you try calling me a liar again!

Did you not tell me you were the person I was talking to when i first when up to fergals workshop, I had a conversation with this person about the scope i was getting among other stuff.....Then the next day you ask did i get sorted and what scope I wanted!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway that doesn't matter what i'm trying to say is to lay off on the constant advertisement of things! Share your experiences good or bad and recommend people! But when a person hears you talking 24/7 about Fergal they won't take your opinion seriously as it appears very bias!;)

Did you not tell me you were the person I was talking to when i first when up to fergals workshop, I had a conversation with this person about the scope i was getting among other stuff.....Then the next day you ask did i get sorted and what scope I wanted!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway that doesn't matter what i'm trying to say is to lay off on the constant advertisement of things! Share your experiences good or bad and recommend people! But when a person hears you talking 24/7 about Fergal they won't take your opinion seriously as it appears very bias!;)

You saw his work, am I bias??
    I thought your scope was in a custom house some where, and i also was not going to let people know I knew you! I don't know you after all

I was hoping you would not cop me either.
    The only part of my rifle on show was the stock and I did not think you knew what I used.

I talk 24/7 about rifles, I love them. I'd love to have my own gun shop some day, if you read some of my older posts you would know that!

Very few listen to me on here so i can talk and talk but nobody pays any heed anyway, but if some one, genuinely needs help, I try and advise to the best of my ability or refer elsewhere If i don't know.

I started reading up on barrel harmonics after you posted about Air rifle's being harder on scopes and i was surprised at first to find you were right, until I had read and understood.
    I had a tasco scope before that would not hold Zero on a mauser, thats why I advised a good scope, and you got one, Twice!

Most of my friends know I am a straight up guy, but you are from limerick, And limerick is Dangerous!!:rolleyes:

I just don't want joe soap on my doorstep, I have gone shooting with one or two off this, after a strict vetting process ;);)

So enjoy your BUSHNELL YARDAGE PRO plug plug:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The deer Hunters choice:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And CZ .270 Plug Plug! Now there is some free unbiased advertising!!

I do it all the time;)

So enjoy your BUSHNELL YARDAGE PRO plug plug:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The deer Hunters choice:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And CZ .270 Plug Plug! Now there is some free unbiased advertising!!

I do it all the time;)

Now thats good advice! But say it in every post you get the chance to say it and eventually its pointless!!:D

Yes after seeing his work I accept credit is due but say it too much and people will take no notice! ;)

Now thats good advice! But say it in every post you get the chance to say it and eventually its pointless!!:D

Yes after seeing his work I accept credit is due but say it too much and people will take no notice! ;)

The thing is Pat, if that is your name.

I would not buy a CZ or a yardage pro, but each to their own.
    Nor would I buy a light barrel .270. Nothing wrong with .270 I'd prefer a bull barrel or a heavier barrel than yours.

I had a bushnell range finder, still have it, one day just stopped working. Sealed unit so can't be fixed. I would worry that the range finding scope could be the same

I got a Nikon after that, that can be opened and repaired IF necessary, I have it around 7 years now and I bought it second hand and it has never let me down.
    I have made good purchases down the years and some god awful foolish ones. ref krico SA .22lr, bushnell range finder, waterproof jacket, not water proof!

i have made some great purchases, .223 rem Night Forces Scopes, a good rifle sling, Dunlop light wellies (have them 6 years still ok other than the bit the dog chewed off the top, lightforce lamp; ase surpressor. An American M50 jacket bought in 1996 for 50 I still wear it as it is as tough as nails!

So there are some more plugs! Now time for bed:pac:

• Advertisement

Nor would I buy a light barrel .270. Nothing wrong with .270 I'd prefer a bull barrel or a heavier barrel than yours.

I got a Nikon after that, that can be opened and repaired IF necessary, I have it around 7 years now and I bought it second hand and it has never let me down.

Now thats the kind of advice that is worthwhile! Share your experiences and opinions without making it out to be a god!

Thats good progress you have made i can sleep happy now!Work in the morning!:D:D

Advertisement