Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derren Brown Investigates

Options
167891012»

Comments

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If that's how you see it.

You dont see it this way ? ? So are you saying that he investigated to his fullest potential ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

maccored wrote: »
    aye, but derren brown has always managed prime time without pandering to the obvious.

But that is the point, if it is so obvious that these people are fakes why are thousands if not millions still taken in by it.

If Brown was going after some obscure practice that no one but some mentally ill people follow there might be a case that he was shooting fish in a barrel.

But the people he actually investigated are typical of the mainstream "paranormal" tricksters. It might be blatantly obvious to us that that is what they are, but it obviously isn't to a great many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think this has been beaten to death. Mr Brown's three shows were way below par. He let himself down as much as letting down those who expected something with a bit more substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No matter who he investigated I'm sure there will have been people in here posting about how that person obviously isn't psychic, they're just charlatans, why doesn't he investigate this other chap instead -- the one that I like?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I cant believe you guys have managed to thrash this out over 335 posts and have not progressed past the original difference of opinion, or had anything new to say.

He made a tv show. It was ages ago. It didnt change the world.

Im not heavy handed and into locking stuff, but really guys, youve got to move on. This thread is going around in circles.

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    But the people he actually investigated are typical of the mainstream "paranormal" tricksters. It might be blatantly obvious to us that that is what they are, but it obviously isn't to a great many people.

no they arent. they are typical of conmen. this should have been a news/security/dont get conned programme and not apparently 'paranormal'.

Oryx wrote: »
    I cant believe you guys have managed to thrash this out over 335 posts and have not progressed past the original difference of opinion, or had anything new to say.

He made a tv show. It was ages ago. It didnt change the world.

Im not heavy handed and into locking stuff, but really guys, youve got to move on. This thread is going around in circles.

Ah but sure its something to do on a slow day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

maccored wrote: »
    no they arent. they are typical of conmen.

As opposed to who?

Who is a mainstream psychic who wouldn't behave exactly like the guy Brown investigated?

Advertisement