Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saw something very strange in the sky

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hi all,
    dont know what forum to put this in but just over an hour ago, i saw the weirdest thing fly by in the sky. it looked like a huge firework and flew straight over the sky. it didnt change direction or burn out just disappeared over the mountain. I'm living just about in the middle between killorglin and glenbeigh on the ring of kerry road. can anyone enlighten me to what it could have been because its freaked me out a bit!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's an aeroplane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

It's an aeroplane.

wrong. its a
    jrochie wrote: »
    huge firework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Every time someone masturbates, God kills a kitten.
    That was the kittens soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

My bad,sorry about that........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I killed a litter of kittens today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

im pretty sure its not a huge cos im living in a very rural area, no one in the area would be setting off fireworks, especially not on a tuesday nite, and its was way to big and never actually blew up! if it was an aeroplane then it was after blowing, and it was heading south anyway and ive never in my life seen a plane fly south over this area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Maybe someone lit a match and the ring of Kerry farted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

U.F.O'S tis all very exciting, night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ring astronomy Ireland, they would fcuking love you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That is my fleet of private jets.

yerra ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

im pretty sure its not a huge cos im living in a very rural area, no one in the area would be setting off fireworks, especially not on a tuesday nite, and its was way to big and never actually blew up! if it was an aeroplane then it was after blowing, and it was heading south anyway and ive never in my life seen a plane fly south over this area!

Someone heading towards Cork? Yeah, that is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

hi all,
    dont know what forum to put this in but just over an hour ago, i saw the weirdest thing fly by in the sky. it looked like a huge firework and flew straight over the sky. it didnt change direction or burn out just disappeared over the mountain. I'm living just about in the middle between killorglin and glenbeigh on the ring of kerry road. can anyone enlighten me to what it could have been because its freaked me out a bit!

was it a bird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 live.life

I think what you saw was some Russian space station. Seriously, it was mentioned on RTE earlier. It's going to be visable in the sky over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Maybe a Chinese latern?

ah really that does sound quite believable alright was quite a strange sight in all fairness was really really bright! thanks live.life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

ah really that does sound quite believable alright was quite a strange sight in all fairness was really really bright!
    A clever bird then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Is there any military activity down that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Did your Pokedex beep as it passed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

I could be imagining this but isn't there a giant Ashcloud which is bad for planes and forced airport closures already today ;)

It was most likely a plane from Shannon heading south to get on the trans-Atlantic routes used by mainland Europe flights, so it didn't have to risk going up through the ash.

A lot of planes are in the wrong place due to the closure earlier and they would be moving them at night when airspace traffic is less dense

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

was it a bird?

Was it a plane?

no its a flying alien in the form of a human wearing a bright blue suit with red underwear on the outside.
    (seriously how does that look anything like a bird or a plane? could be mistaken for a large firework though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

hi all,

I was driving down near Stepaside about 2 years agp with my g/f and we saw something like that, pulled the car over to look at it. Looked like a massive fireball or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

A clever bird then?
    Maybe it was claire tully?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pushed to Kerry in case someone else there saw it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Me and 3 friends saw something that sounds like what you saw in the sky above Fermoy, Co Cork, on Monday night, about 10pm.

Like a big ball of white light. We thought it was a shooting star at first, but it was going too slow. Moved from west to east across the sky...... we were watching it for about 5 minutes. Pretty sure it wasn't a plane. I think the guy that said it was a space station might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

It's the ISS, visible for the next 10 days or so

http://www.astronomy.ie/iss.php

Don't sign up for the premium texts, they're useless!

It is what it's.

i contacted astronmy ireland just to see if it was the space station, im still waiting to hear back but my money is on that. Thought myself it was a shooting star first but it took to long and was to big to be that! Quite random really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AshaD

It was more than likely a helicopter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement