Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Singer in Dublin

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Thought I'd follow the format exactly since I saw a couple of peeps complaining.

The bands name is Trapped In a Bathtub
    We play electro-punk kinda stuff

The three existing members are all located in Glenageary county Dublin but we have two potential drummers which will determine where we practice (depending on who we pick) but if you live along the DART line you'll be fine either way.

Our influences are quite varied as we don't believe a band has to have a shared musical taste.
    Personally, I (the electronics guy) am influenced by The Faint, Vyncent Flaw, Uncle Outrage, Late Of The Pier and Mindless Self-Indulgence but these influences do not reflect those of the other members.

But yes we are looking for a vocalist/lyricist, we have some idea of what each song we have written so far should be about but if you join as a lyricist aswell we are open to ideas.

As a band our age averages around 19/20 and preferably we would like someone from our generation as well, but if everything else interests you don't hesitate to get in touch.

We have some instrumentals up on our myspace

Some Final Notes
    We have no preference over singing/vocals style WHAT SO EVER, if your interested and think you can make it work get in touch

We are already working on our first album which will be 30 tracks and free to download
    We have about 26/30 tracks done
    and we strongly believe in free music

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phonarr

bumpity bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

stuff, sounds class man.

Thanks man

appreciate it

you a vocalist?(chancing my arm)

I am and i was curiously looking at the ad, I'd be bit more vocally along the lines of horse the band i guess, screamer etc.

Oh man you're pulling at my heart strings
    I love HtB
    Got dragged on stage at their last show here twas awesome

admittedly I'm not against screaming but I feel only occasional screaming would make sense for our tracks and some of our tracks would not make sense at all to have screaming.

thats a damn shame tho

• Advertisement

yeah love HTB, as i said just looked at your stuff curiously, dont think my vocals would suit it. good luck with the search anyway.

BUMPS VILLE

bump

bump yet again

still looking for a vocalist/lyricist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 profcreamy

We're also looking for a singer. Just thought i'd pass on some kudos for those tracks on myspace man, they're top banana! Kids Scare Me hardly needs vocals, she's ready for the top ten as is

good luck lads!

• Advertisement

thanks man

the "go instrumental" thing has been said to us before
    but we honestly really want a vocalist

there are also a lot of songs we have that are in more desperate need of vocals
    Kids Scare Me

so yeah

still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Like the sound!

How are you auditioning people? Jam in a rehearsal room, or getting them to record over one of your tunes?

well whichever is more comfortable for the potential vocalist
    we are ok with either

but our final decision will probably be based on how well you do at both

also should say
    that if your interested PM

still lookin for that vocalist

yet again I bump

Still looking for that vocalist/lyricist

Posting this again so it's on the second page, for easy access

The bands name is Trapped In a Bathtub
    We play electro-punk kinda stuff

The three existing members are all located in Glenageary county Dublin but we have two potential drummers which will determine where we practice (depending on who we pick) but if you live along the DART line you'll be fine either way.

Our influences are quite varied as we don't believe a band has to have a shared musical taste.
    Personally, I (the electronics guy) am influenced by The Faint, Vyncent Flaw, Uncle Outrage, Late Of The Pier and Mindless Self-Indulgence but these influences do not reflect those of the other members.

But yes we are looking for a vocalist/lyricist, we have some idea of what each song we have written so far should be about but if you join as a lyricist aswell we are open to ideas.

As a band our age averages around 19/20 and preferably we would like someone from our generation as well, but if everything else interests you don't hesitate to get in touch.

We have some instrumentals up on our myspace

Some Final Notes
    We have no preference over singing/vocals style WHAT SO EVER, if your interested and think you can make it work get in touch

We are already working on our first album which will be 30 tracks and free to download
    We have about 26/30 tracks done
    and we strongly believe in free music

cheers

another bump, because we are still looking for that vocalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Looniatic

Heyo! just listened to your stuff! Sounds real pro! Upon listening to them I was thinking, yaz REALLY can do without a vocalist. :D

Well I'm 21 and a singer-song writer, have both electric and acoustic guitar. I don't have real mature vocals (eg, mariah carey, beyonce, christina aguilera) but more so something similar sounding to taylor swift, hayley from paramore, avril lavigne, roxanne. (btw, I DON'T sound like them at all! Just using them as comparison to mature voices. :) )

I'm not sure if i'm the type of vocalist you guys are looking for, but sure worth a try! :P Let me know if you're interested!

Peace out!
    Nikki

• Advertisement

cool cool, I'll send you a pm

Still looking for that ol' vocalist

yep still looking for someone to sing

still looking for potential vocalist/lyricist

BUMP

yeah

yet again Yet again I bump

- Kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 strictlyelvis

Hi there!
    My name is Phil, I am 32 and I live in Gorey. I have been singing since I was 6 mainly Rock and some Gospel. I am told I have an excellent voice.
    I can also play the guitar-(Rhythm) and would rate my-self as good.
    I am eager to get involved again with a ban and hopefuly start gigin. I have lots of free time at the mo and am available for a trial/audition any time. I have a car so transport is not an issue. Please feel free to contact me on my email address; philipmkeogh@hotmail

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Johnnycakes

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Caroline96

im a vocalist looking for a band. im in college in dublin so im in or around ure area. i like all types of music i sing and also play guitar by myself, i love singing its myy passion, im 19 ehm get back to me if ure interested thanks! =]

Advertisement