Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which member of "Friends" would you like the most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Is this thread for real?

Is your face for real?

Nah I just kidding, you're alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Monica definitely :D

Bad news everyone:
    Channel 4 aren't going to be showing friends from 2011, their syndication deal is over with Warner Bros. NOOOOOO!!!!! what'll i watch at 5pm everyday on E4, (and again at 8 if there's nothing else on :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

whiteman19 wrote: »
    what'll i watch at 5pm everyday on E4,

Just watch The Wire instead. It's another quality show about ambitious young people working and living in an American city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I would do the two lesbians, Carol and Susan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

For laughs has to be chandler. In the sack, rachel without a doubt, smuggling peanuts in every single episode;)
    Must be a right bitch in real life though, drop dead gorgeous, bottomless pit of money and cant hold on to a bloke to save her life? Lets face it, you'd take some s'hit before you walked from that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

I thought Bruce Willis or Brad Pitt were great in it!

***I'm just a love machine! HHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH***

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'd like them all from the early seasons,

I'd like to beat them with a stick in the later seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH/TV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Chandler,definitely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Mr. Heckles or Ugly Naked Guy.

This thread is which character we are most like, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I don't understand. Why doesn't Ross, the largest friend, simply not consume the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Who was the student ross was boning? Yeah, id wreak that chick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

Rachel would be my favorite or Monica. I love their friendship as a guy Chandler love how dysfunctional he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Schism wrote: »
    I don't understand. Why doesn't Ross, the largest friend, simply not consume the others?

Futurama quote wins thread.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Haha! I'm a girl!

No! A girl who doesnt understand why people find an obviously hot girl hot? When has that happened?

I don't give a **** what other people say, Friends was a great show. TV snobs can piss off. If you don't find it funny, fair enough.

And Abba were a great band but despised for a generation.

I generally like edgier comedies, but Friends was a mainstream show and, as such, was way out of the league of the rest ( except SeinField which was not designed to be mainstream).

Look, there are always people who follow fashion. At the moment the idiocy is that Friends is crap and Family guy is brilliant.

Family Guy is for doped up morons. It has no structure. It gets it's laughs from absurdity, misogyny, misanthrophy, a talking dog, a posh child who wants to kill his mom, utterly stupid and unrelated flashbacks which gets the dopeheads almost mumbling with laughter. The main character is a prick, not hapless like Homer, but deliberately cruel to his children.

Friends on the other hand always had a fairly complex story structure, there were always three stories running through each episode; SeinField had this too.

The main story was in the title ( The One where...) and the sub stories involved, well, any of the rest of the characters interacting with each other which also made it far better than Fraiser - at least in terms of it's complexity - and similar to Seinfeld.

Fraiser on the other hand has one story ( generally about Fraiser tryng to get laid) , and Fraiser has to be in every scene or it is crap. ( Is he ever not in a scene?). Miles and Fraiser were good together, you could not have either of the rest of them on their own. Roz and the English girl? Would you watch that?

And yet the permutations in Friends were very large, 6 factorial to be precise.

Also they casted it very well, the weakness being Cox, who was famous beforehand.

It will come back into critical fashion, although not with dopeheads.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Soap operas? It didn't last that long, did it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Soap operas? It didn't last that long, did it?

It's just as mind numbing....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joey

How u doing? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Chandler was by far the funniest.

Rachel was by far the sexiest.

Pheobe. Annoying and not funny
    Monica. Can't act and not funny
    Ross: OK sometimes
    Joey: Funny an odd time

The worst carachter/actor to EVER appear on it was actually Bradd Pitt
    Well maybe the carachter wasn't bad but Pitt was atrocious on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ross or Chandler were funniest...
    Joey had his moments of greatness, but his character became redundant eventually...
    Monica and Phoebe were quite funny, but I never found Rachel funny... she wasn't even the hot one - Courtney Cox was hottest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

Ross is annoying but I think that chandler is the worst because he is too sarcastic sometimes and I LOVE Joey:D. How you doin?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's staying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Chandler was my favorite and was the funniest one in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Auds1912

Mad jesty wrote: »
    Chandler was my favorite and was the funniest one in it

My fave too. He had his sweet moments but I love his sense of humour.

Advertisement