Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod has lost the run of himself

Options
  • 05-05-2010 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

After serving a week long ban on the komplett forum, I posted a thread legitimately asking the point of the forum seeing as komplett link the forum to their webpage as a means of support, but there is absolutely no help being given by komplett staff. I was in no way abusive to anybody and thought it was a question that needed to be asked, seeing as many boards.ie members have money tied up with orders from this company but are just banging their heads against a brick wall trying to get answers. These are the messages I received :

Hi kingaaa,

You have been banned from Komplett for the following duration:

1 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Let's make it 1 month this time, and see if that works.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 1 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

When I questioned the ban I received :

You were banned because you didn't learn from the previous ban, the excessive trolling and nonsensical posts, and complaining about your ban on forum instead of the proper manner.

My post might be non-sensical to the moderater, but it wasn't meant that way. I have handed out a lot of money that I cant get refunded as there is no contact with the company. I have'nt received my order even though I placed it over a month ago. I personally think this ban is over the top and am asking for it to be revoked.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hi kingaaa,

This is the adverts help desk and as your query is about a boards ban, I'll move this to the boards help desk. There is a dispute procedure on boards and that is you firstly contact the mod in question and then if you aren't happy with the response, you contact the CMods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hi Smashey. I did contact him asking the reason for the ban, but he doesn't seem to want to explain. I'll admit my first ban may have been deserved as I allowed myself to be wound up by posters that seemed to be hell bent on antagonism and I should have known better, but I dont understand this ban - I thought it was quite a legitimate question seeing whats going on at the moment with komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, the next step is to contact the Category Moderators for that forum. You can log out of Boards.ie to view the forum and the list of Category Moderators.

Try and work it out amicably via PM, if that doesn't work, come back to me here.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ok, the next step is to contact the Category Moderators for that forum. You can log out of Boards.ie to view the forum and the list of Category Moderators.

Try and work it out amicably via PM, if that doesn't work, come back to me here.

Hi Tom. I have pm'd the mod in question, but he doesn't want to get involved in a conversation - he is down to one-line answers now.

kingaaa wrote: »
    Hi Tom. I have pm'd the mod
    Ok, the next step is to contact the Category Moderators

:)

Have you contacted the CMods?

• Advertisement

:)

Have you contacted the CMods?

The mod in question is listed as the category mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The Komplett forum has no mods, just myself and dudara as Cmods. It is supposed to be a customer interaction forum, but of late has become a place for posters to hurl abuse at each other and the reps. I have posted on the forum, that I don't want to see this any more.
    Hi Tom. I have pm'd the mod in question, but he doesn't want to get involved in a conversation - he is down to one-line answers now.

You asked what the ban was for, I answered. You asked what the appeals process was, I answered. Sorry I can't hold your hand through the process, but I gave you everything you needed.

Your first ban was for this little tirade of abuse, along with the rest of your comments to others on that thread.

No sooner are you back, but you're s**t stirring again, with this thread and this (now deleted) post. I can see that you have learned nothing, and are going to continue with provoking responses from other posters, so I put a stop to it.

According to one of the Komplett reps, your issue has been resolved, so I don't see why you feel the need to question the forum, or the Komplett reps, and what they are doing there. If you think the forum itself is defunct, then contact the Community Managers. If you have an issue with the reps, then take it up directly with Komplett management, as those comments are not going to get a response on forum by the reps, probably because they can't, but the comments themselves simply disrupt the work they are trying to do.

This is why you have been banned for a 2nd time.

Right, there seems to be a number of problems here.

First of all, kingaaa, you seem to have trouble understanding what these types of forums are all about.

As you have seen in the various threads, they are not manned 24x7, they are typically manned during office hours. Perhaps that is something that needs to be clarified, not only in that forum but maybe in other Talk To... forums? You input would be appreciated on this matter (and I an not trying to be funny, I am genuinely asking for your feedback).

Second of all, while I appreciate you are extremely frustrated with the service from the company in question, some of your posts do come across as combative and abusive. It's just like screaming down the phone to a Customer Service rep - these people are only doing their jobs and while yes, they are the representatives of the company, they do deserve some respect.

If you respect them, chances are they will respect you back and be more willing to get to your query.

Same goes for your fellow posters. Calling them names, or telling the to

So, could I as that you chalk this down to experience, be mindful of the fact that you are dealing with real people, who are not available 24x7, and keep one eye on the forum rules, and Boards.ie general etiquette?

First of all, kingaaa, you seem to have trouble understanding what these types of forums are all about.

As you have seen in the various threads, they are not manned 24x7, they are typically manned during office hours. Perhaps that is something that needs to be clarified, not only in that forum but maybe in other Talk To... forums? You input would be appreciated on this matter (and I an not trying to be funny, I am genuinely asking for your feedback).

Second of all, while I appreciate you are extremely frustrated with the service from the company in question, some of your posts do come across as combative and abusive. It's just like screaming down the phone to a Customer Service rep - these people are only doing their jobs and while yes, they are the representatives of the company, they do deserve some respect.

If you respect them, chances are they will respect you back and be more willing to get to your query.

So, could I as that you chalk this down to experience, be mindful of the fact that you are dealing with real people, who are not available 24x7, and keep one eye on the forum rules, and Boards.ie general etiquette?

Finally, a voice of reason! Tom, im all on for discussion, but it has to be from both sides. I mean if you did'nt know any better you would think some of these posters were employed by this particular company. How frustrationg is it when you try to get an answer to your missing €260 order and some guy gets on to tell you how great the company are and how hard these reps are working to reply to queries? I do take on board what you say and I think it would help if both sides of the argument were moderated, these comments are tottaly unwanted, repetative and certainly dont help somebody chasing down an order.

Sorry Tom, to answer your question, yes.

• Advertisement

If there is still an issue that kingaaa needs to resolve, and the forum is his only means of contacting Komplett, then I will lift the ban as long as the argumentative and abusive posts stop.

I have no wish to see you out of pocket, or to get in the way of resolving any outstanding issue with the company, I just ask that people stick to the issue itself.

The reps have made it clear that they will not respond to disrespectful posters, nor should they be expected to.

Finally, a voice of reason! Tom, im all on for discussion, but it has to be from both sides. I mean if you did'nt know any better you would think some of these posters were employed by this particular company.

Rest assured, it's very, very easy for me to spot such posters, if they were. ;)
    How frustrationg is it when you try to get an answer to your missing €260 order and some guy gets on to tell you how great the company are and how hard these reps are working to reply to queries?

Absolutely, I can appreciate how frustrating that can be.
    I do take on board what you say and I think it would help if both sides of the argument were moderated, these comments are tottaly unwanted, repetative and certainly dont help somebody chasing down an order.

I'll throw something out there - it has been discussed before (I don't recall where) but that once a thread is started in a particular forum, only the thread starter and designated posters can respond. So, it may, and I stress may, be possible for threads to be restricted to the thread starter and the company reps, and moderators only. Do you think that would help matters?

From the sounds of it, it would.
    Sorry Tom, to answer your question, yes.

Good stuff, I appreciate it.

Rest assured, it's very, very easy for me to spot such posters, if they were. ;)

Absolutely, I can appreciate how frustrating that can be.

I'll throw something out there - it has been discussed before (I don't recall where) but that once a thread is started in a particular forum, only the thread starter and designated posters can respond. So, it may, and I stress may, be possible for threads to be restricted to the thread starter and the company reps, and moderators only. Do you think that would help matters?

From the sounds of it, it would.

Good stuff, I appreciate it.

Tom, thats the best Idea I've heard. If the company want to have an outlet on boards.ie, it would seem its main use would be in a support capacity. After all, if you want to discuss samsung tv's you'd go to a samsung forum - not a company selling them. The only reason I would go to a vendors forum is either for a price quote, or to chase up my order.

jor el wrote: »
    If there is still an issue that kingaaa needs to resolve, and the forum is his only means of contacting Komplett, then I will lift the ban as long as the argumentative and abusive posts stop.

I think that is a nice gesture and certainly would help matters.
    Tom, thats the best Idea I've heard. If the company want to have an outlet on boards.ie, it would seem its main use would be in a support capacity. After all, if you want to discuss samsung tv's you'd go to a samsung forum - not a company selling them. The only reason I would go to a vendors forum is either for a price quote, or to chase up my order.

Good stuff. I'll throw it out there to those on Boards.ie that deal with the Real World People and see how it goes.

Is everyone happy enough to consider this matter closed?

Thats fine by me Tom, and apologies to Jor El if he was offended by my posts.

Is everyone happy enough to consider this matter closed?

Yes. Ban lifted.

Advertisement