Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Away - Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Keep it all in here lads.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

For what its worth, posted by POTL on COYS mesageboard
    Squad leaves London at 11.00am. Gomes and King both travel. Gomes to play, King last minute decision. Lennon raring to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

12 hours to go and my nerves are shot already!!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    For what its worth, posted by POTL on COYS mesageboard

Give it up will ye, Im nervous enough as it is :D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

tomo75 wrote: »
    Where are they showing it in 3D?

Knoxs in Ennis apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Give it up will ye, Im nervous enough as it is :D

COYS

With you there mate. Head is wrecked.

I have decided that I am going to get a few beers and watch it at home.

Cant be going to the pub and listening to other people talking crap. Need peace and quiet for this one..

Mullo76 wrote: »
    With you there mate. Head is wrecked.

I have decided that I am going to get a few beers and watch it at home.

Cant be going to the pub and listening to other people talking crap. Need peace and quiet for this one..

I rarely if ever watch a Spurs game in the pub Mark, too many twats around the place, and I feel much more comfortable screaming and shouting in my own home :)

As for the peace and quiet, Iv got 3 kids so not much chance there either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm pub bound myself,

Make the most of should we actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not leaving house for the game, and probably making do with Radio 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be somewhere in town for this tonight. Probably Porterhouse. Last time i watched a Spurs game there was the 4-4 epic with Arsenal.

As for tonight, i have my worries, but i still think we will win. I'd say 2-0, with Bale and someone else scoring. I just hope to god that Gomes is fully fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

im sure gomes will be ok , just wont take the kicks

does anyone have any streams for this as i only have sky sports 1, and dont want to have to go to flippin pub

I wouldnt be able to handle any streams tonight. Those freezes would have me freaking out. Has to be a pub tonight, regardless of the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Counting down the hours. My 5 day old son is going to get his first exposure to Spurs. Let's hope it's a good one. I'm torn between all out attack or countr attack. I hope it's the former. The Manure match was torturous watching pav and Defoe feed off scraps. keep Palacious on the bench. When you look at the teamsheet, City aren't that good with the exception of Tevez....We can do this

yeah ur prob right but if you get a good sop cast then there is no freezing

team will prob be

gomes

kaboul -- dawson -- king (bassong ) ----ekotto

lennon----modric
    hudd
    bale

pav ---- defoe (gudjohnson)

i think gudjohnson may start 2nite, harry has been saying in interviews that we need a good performance from defoe and dosent know whats wrong with him. all he gets is an hour these days b4 he is hauled off

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Kiith wrote: »
    I wouldnt be able to handle any streams tonight. Those freezes would have me freaking out. Has to be a pub tonight, regardless of the weather.

Kitth spot on. I could not handle the screen freezing tonight and would end up chucking the laptop out the window. So I guess its down to the boozer so. Will there be a good crowd in Tom Mayes tonight? Never been before but tonight could be a special night for Spurs fans.

mickman wrote: »
    team will prob be

gomes

kaboul -- dawson -- king (bassong ) ----ekotto

lennon----modric
    hudd
    bale

pav ---- defoe (gudjohnson)

i think gudjohnson may start 2nite, harry has been saying in interviews that we need a good performance from defoe and dosent know whats wrong with him. all he gets is an hour these days b4 he is hauled off

This has to be the team. Anything else and Harry will have again changed a winning team to suit his opponents whereas with our fire-power it should be Mancini changing his tactics to cope with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Check out these stats from our previous games against City:

16/12/09 Spurs 3-0 City
    16/05/09 Spurs 2-1 City
    09/11/08 City 1-2 Spurs
    17/03/08 City 2-1 Spurs
    19/12/07 City 0-2 Spurs
    09/12/07 Spurs 2-0 City
    13/05/07 Spurs 2-1 City

Last seven games:
    Spurs six victories
    City one.

We have a great record against them, long may it continue.
    COYS!!!!!!!!!

Ahh, you've done and jinxed us now. If we lose, its all your fault! :P

Seriously though, this is possibly our biggest game in the last 10-15 years. It will be a massive test on the players, and really (REALLLY!!) hope we can rise to the occasion. All we need is a draw, but imagine the win. Think about it....Spurs in the Champions League! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

6 hours to go.

getting nervous now

• Advertisement

I'm watching the first half of some poxy youth game before it.

Try and calm my nerves. I said it before and I'll stress it again but I think a legend will be born tonight, someone is going to win this game for us!

My bet would be Gomes it's just football given his awful start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

oh my nerves are gone.

really not looking forward to this but then again im really looking forward to this game. it even has me confused!!!:)

smashing record v city and i hope this continues.

COME ON SPURS.

been singing spurs songs all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

####BREAKING NEWS#####

sky sports.....

gomes starts

and wait for it......

king been given the latest possible fitness test as in he is doing the warm up with the team before the game and the team named then!!!!!

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm watching the first half of some poxy youth game before it.

Try and calm my nerves. I said it before and I'll stress it again but I think a legend will be born tonight, someone is going to win this game for us!

My bet would be Gomes it's just football given his awful start.

gomes awful start is long forgotten about man. he is already a legend. could be someoone like bale / lennon. i know lennon has been a star for quite a while but he could really win this game for us

does silvinho still play left back for city ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My stomach is in knots already! COYS (and hopefully I'm cheering for Fulham to do us a favour at the weekend!)

mickman wrote: »
    gomes awful start is long forgotten about man. he is already a legend. could be someoone like bale / lennon. i know lennon has been a star for quite a while but he could really win this game for us

does silvinho still play left back for city ??

Ah Yes of course it has but I really like the guy and admire how he turned it around.

I'm starting to get nervous now myself. Haven't been this excited about a game like this since Ireland in the world cup.

Serious butterflies now, like everyone! My last post until around midnight at which stage I'll know our fate, hopefully I'll be posting in a very smiley thread tonight!! COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

SuprSi wrote: »
    Serious butterflies now, like everyone! My last post until around midnight at which stage I'll know our fate, hopefully I'll be posting in a very smiley thread tonight!! COYS!!!

Same as - out of here now. collect a few beers on the way home for the game.

COYS.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Home to put my young fella into his Spurs jersey (he had it on for Chelsea & Arsenal game but not for Utd game) and then off down to the Office in Salthill Galway to scream the Spurs on tonight. Butterflies dont even cover it. COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

in work til 9, then go collect the baba and get home.Might get the last 10 minutes or so, il be relying on txt updates till then. Stress.

Advertisement