Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Away - Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

get in - crouch has just scored again on ss2.

out of here - enjoy rest of night lads. Saviour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Hatch99 wrote: »
    A word for Kaboul, he was fcuking awesome tonight and last sat against bolton, fair play to him

Was not impressed when he signed him - was away for the united and bolton games but heard he was class against bolton

i salute you YK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Sheik Mansur, Ricky Hatton, Liam Gallagher, Franny Lee, Bernard Manning, Colin Bell, Curly off Coronation Street and all you other norvern monkeys , Can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating! COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Unreal.....come on u spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Arry getting soaked...hilarious :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Sheik Mansur, Ricky Hatton, Liam Gallagher, Franny Lee, Bernard Manning, Colin Bell, Curly off Coronation Street and all you other norvern monkeys , Can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating! COYS!

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

never beeen happier :D was in the pub with a load of cryin mancs me the one and only yid except for a few united fans who just wanted to laugh at city :)
    we murdered them and we never stopped going cant believe were actually here :D YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ! COME ON YOU SPURS HAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Just think, we'll have to put up with the City lot as well as Leeds wannabes in two years time :D

............Oh i've just remembered more sh!te, Newcasle are back up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Just think, we'll have to put up with the City lot as well as Leeds wannabes in two years time :D

............Oh i've just remembered more sh!te, Newcasle are back up :p

yep but we bet the exgooners fair and square tonight. Just goes to show, money cant buy you class!
    YID ARMY !!!!! BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!! GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

:D:D

• Advertisement

Deisler wrote: »
    Unreal.....come on u spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Arry getting soaked...hilarious :)

buddy of mine who is a liverpool supporter came round to watch the game - he was cheering us on but he said at the end the liverpool team would never have drenched rafa if they achieved something similar (winning the PL) to what we achieved tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Its been a long time since i hurried home from the community games in the school field to see us being beaten in the 1987 cup final against coventry. A lot of mediocre years have passed since then. Tonight is just brilliant. I cant believe it. Harry has brought us from bottom of the league to champions league.Brilliant. What a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

30+ years supporting Spurs and this is up there with the finest nights. The 81 final, the 82 final, the 84 UEFA, the 91 Semi and Final. We finally have the old Spurs back. The Spurs that won things and did not fall at the final hurdle. This should seriously improve Tottenham if we manage it right. Different class of signings and with a new stadium coming ....

To all the Lilywhites, enjoy the Promised Land

To the team and manager, well done and can we now get 3rd Place :pac::D

lads i got married in croatia in may 2008 - that summer we signed luka.

i am drinking the gin i picked up in croatia 2009 - a year on.

first (big) gin was for niko
    second (bigger) was for charlie
    third (bigger again) was for luka

i've decide the orange jucide i'm mixing it with comes from brazil

it probly dont so heres to a huge gin

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Quote of the Day goes to goal.com......
    The game was really livening up, with Harry Redknapp more animated then ever on the touchline, such was the impotence of what was at stake for the victors.

:D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/05/1910692/manchester-city-0-1-tottenham-peter-crouch-goal-sends-spurs-into-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the best thing about tonight for me is that we actually deserved it (tonight and since August)

nobody can say we fluked it at any stage

so proud of the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1st On

Well said Dublin Spur. Wasn't it a great way to secure it by actually winning away to Manc's, staying true to the attacking philosophy of the club!! Thought Big Tom and Luka were suberb in moddle of park for last while......few more quality signings in the summer and the sky's the limit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well done lads, you finally did it this time, and no-one can say you didn't deserve it. Fair play and enjoy yourselves next year.

PS any chance of sending Modric to Old Trafford, we'll swap for one slightly used Berb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Well done lads, you finally did it this time, and no-one can say you didn't deserve it. Fair play and enjoy yourselves next year.

PS any chance of sending Modric to Old Trafford, we'll swap for one slightly used Berb.
    No thanks. Modric ain't going anywhere now. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm in heaven lads. Truly wonderful display, for me BAE, Gomes and King were our Men of the Match. Kept their nerve throughout. Delighted for the boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what a game , what a performance and what a night

our back 5 was fantastic. i have so much faith in gomes , dawson and king.

Kaboul is coming on in leaps and bounds and what can you say about bennie, that article the other day didnt paint him in the best light but what a game he had 2nite. the way he back heeled the ball out of trouble on more than one occasion was class - his tricks always come off for him

crouch had a superb game as did the midfield

we dont need much for next year really. we could do with a right back, centre mid for cover and most especially what we need is a world class striker. we really need to break the bank for a top striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm absolutely buzzing again this morning, looking at every news headline and article that I can find trying to soak it all up. I'm going to pop downstairs and have a good chat with the other Spurs fans in the building, in the company of a couple of Liverpool fan :D

What a match and what a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Well, I watched the game at home with my family, I now have a friend for life in Les, who texted me relentlessly from the game, and I got trolleyed afterwards.
    A couple of thoughts-
    we approached the game in the perfect manner. The way we played is exactly how a team should play away, especially in Europe.
    Not one of Harry's signings has failed us. You could point to Chimbo and Keano, but they were emergency cover signings at a time when we were still in danger of relegation. The rest all look like they have a place in the squad.
    There is a real balance to the team and the squad.
    Burnley will be more interested in not picking up yellows on Sunday. A couple of early goals at Turf Moor would put massive pressure on Arsenal, who are in freefall.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Well, I watched the game at home with my family, I now have a friend for life in Les, who texted me relentlessly from the game, and I got trolleyed afterwards.
    A couple of thoughts-
    we approached the game in the perfect manner. The way we played is exactly how a team should play away, especially in Europe.
    Not one of Harry's signings has failed us. You could point to Chimbo and Keano, but they were emergency cover signings at a time when we were still in danger of relegation. The rest all look like they have a place in the squad.
    There is a real balance to the team and the squad.
    Burnley will be more interested in not picking up yellows on Sunday. A couple of early goals at Turf Moor would put massive pressure on Arsenal, who are in freefall.

terrible that you didnt make it but sure the blow was softened knowing the ticket went to a proper fan. Oh and the result probably helped a little bit. You'll have to get yourself sorted for a wed night game in the coming months to make up for missing last night

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well, I watched the game at home with my family, I now have a friend for life in Les, who texted me relentlessly from the game

Got a message from him as well, you only need ask next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

lads i got married in croatia in may 2008 - that summer we signed luka.

i am drinking the gin i picked up in croatia 2009 - a year on.

first (big) gin was for niko
    second (bigger) was for charlie
    third (bigger again) was for luka

i've decide the orange jucide i'm mixing it with comes from brazil

it probly dont so heres to a huge gin

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

What a night. Great performance from Spurs. I thought Crouch and Defoe were excellent. Bale was outstanding again. Gomes was his usual brilliant self. ( did anyone see his goal celebration- priceless) But King and Dawson were the two outstanding players on a truly memorable night.
    Harrys team selection was spot on. The man is now a Spurs legend. He has taken us from the bottom of the league to Champions league in 18 months.
    I still cannot believe we did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pduff13

Watched the game in Tom Mayes. Can't believe I didn't know about this place. Brilliant atmosphere. Highlight was the old school singing we've got our Tottenham back. Roll on Sunday and next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Fantastic way to end what has been a good season. No-one can deny we have deserved this. If it hadn't been for one or two slip ups against the likes of wolves etc then we could have had third spot.

Although third is still possible, it's unlikely that Fulham will send out their strongest team on Sunday.

So delighted with the way we played and the players attitude. For once, we are not the nearly men.

COYS

Advertisement