Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City V Tottenham :: 20:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm very happy about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Eh how? It's a game; why should i support Spurs? I am a United fan but i still watch other teams play and have my opinion!

And yes; we should have kept Tevez!

I dont know any united fan that would support city over any club in England (except maybe Liverpool) . . Did you start supporting united last year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Eh how? It's a game; why should i support Spurs? I am a United fan but i still watch other teams play and have my opinion!

And yes; we should have kept Tevez!

jebus Min you dont have a clue tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Haha, Tottenham Arthur just been shown on SSN (bloke who looks about 300 with a scruffy beard)

Wish I was there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the good: City go another season without being able to attract the likes of Kaka or Torres.

the bad: This seasons St. Totteringham's day may be in doubt given the two's respective form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Drumpot wrote: »
    Agreed . . His dismissal was shocking . .

City are a heartless team that were very poor tonite . . They will need a Jose to make their mercenaries play like they care for the club (not just care to prove their previous clubs wrong for selling them) . .

So if a player joins United (I'm assuming your a United fan because of your dig at Carlos) it's for the love of the club, but if he joins City it's because he is a mercenary? You think the only reason Tevez plays well is to prove United wrong? He was horribly mistreated by United, refusing to make an offer until Ronaldo jetted off to Madrid. He plays well because he is always given a chance to play regulalarly and in his proper position, a bit like the way Rooney has flourished this season.. Sure there will be players who are in for the money, same at every club though, just this week Assou Ekotto said he had no passion for the game and was in it for the money.

/Rant Over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

the bad: This seasons St. Totteringham's day may be in doubt given the two's respective form.

Arsenal only need a draw at home to Fulham Reserves. I'd be fairly confident it'll happen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

the good: City go another season without being able to attract the likes of Kaka or Torres.

Ah Arsenal should crush Fulham at home. Woy will rest loads of players.

King has to get into the England squad

SeanKev wrote: »
    Oh please **** off, how is the team heartless? what an absolute joke of a comment.
    We bottled it tonight, meaning all our players are mercenaries and they don't care about the club? Jesus, Christ.

We have been much improved under Mancini, it was 1 draw too many and Hughes had to go, Hughes cost us 4th, in all honesty.
    Best team won, congratulations.

credit where it's due Spurs

Robhino, Adebayer, Tevez all looked more motivated in making ripples at their previous clubs then playing their hearts out for city . . Tevez in all fairness is a fighter, but he still spent alot of time moaning about United . . Classless . .

Dont be ashamed, it happened to Chelsea until Jose United their mercenaries . .

That aside, do you think that maybe Hughes didnt have much time to help bed the squad down and by the time mancini got the club he had 11 easy league games to come and a more settled squad ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Tonight showed the flaws in City's squad too. The difference in the 2 defences was shown up throughout. Spurs had so many chances. They played well and deserved to win but City lack protection in midfield and at the back.

But being a United fan I really hope they don't notice and buy more hot and cold strikers instead!

oh I was right about spurs

they do have a better team :)

Headshot wrote: »

Feel sorry for him because his knee. He is brilliant but I doubt he'd get through a WC campaign. He should go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Robhino, Adebayer, Tevez all looked more motivated in making ripples at their previous clubs then playing their hearts out for city . . Tevez in all fairness is a fighter, but he still spent alot of time moaning about United . . Classless . .

Dont be ashamed, it happened to Chelsea until Jose United their mercenaries . .

That aside, do you think that maybe Hughes didnt have much time to help bed the squad down and by the time mancini got the club he had 11 easy league games to come and a more settled squad ?

Was Rooney a mercenary, he got 5x his Everton wages at United. No. Sometimes players move because it's whats right for them. Get over it, there's a richer club in Manchester.

Johner wrote: »
    Feel sorry for him because his knee. He is brilliant but I doubt he'd get through a WC campaign. He should go though.

if Rio can get on that plane, king should be on it too

Lukker- wrote: »
    So if a player joins United (I'm assuming your a United fan because of your dig at Carlos) it's for the love of the club, but if he joins City it's because he is a mercenary? You think the only reason Tevez plays well is to prove United wrong? He was horribly mistreated by United, refusing to make an offer until Ronaldo jetted off to Madrid. He plays well because he is always given a chance to play regulalarly and in his proper position, a bit like the way Rooney has flourished this season.. Sure there will be players who are in for the money, same at every club though, just this week Assou Ekotto said he had no passion for the game and was in it for the money.

/Rant Over

No. . .If a player joins a team who have no successful pedigree over United or Liverpool or Arsenal, they are not doing for success, its simply for money or because they love a club . . How many city players love the club ?

Ronaldo moved to madrid because it was his dream and Madrid are a decent bet for success at anytime. . I have no problem with that , good luck to him. . Tevez went to city for money . .

Its not simply about "loving" a club, its about being a winner, as opposed to just in it for the money . . Are we clear . . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The difference between joining City and join United isn't about money. It's about potential to win things. That's why somebody joining City makes them a mercanary in a lot of the cases. Not all the time. I think Johnson for example joined to further his career. I think Tevez joined for money, then again, he wasnt wanted at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can't believe I've liked no less than 4 of Des' posts! They do have me laughing though.

Fair play to spurs. I'm one not to like big spenders achieving it all*, so this is perfect. Still thought City would win though.

*I know Spurs spent quite a lot, but have built it up more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Beautiful stuff Spurs.

Hope that keeps the noisy neighbours quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Agreed . . His dismissal was shocking . .

City are a heartless team that were very poor tonite . . They will need a Jose to make their mercenaries play like they care for the club (not just care to prove their previous clubs wrong for selling them) . .

Oh please **** off, how is the team heartless? what an absolute joke of a comment.
    We bottled it tonight, meaning all our players are mercenaries and they don't care about the club? Jesus, Christ.

We have been much improved under Mancini, it was 1 draw too many and Hughes had to go, Hughes cost us 4th, in all honesty.

Tottenham have spent nearly 150m in the last 16 months so stop claiming City have bought their way and Tottenham have built.

Best team won,
    Credit where it's due Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lukker- wrote: »
    Was Rooney a mercenary, he got 5x his Everton wages at United. No. Sometimes players move because it's whats right for them. Get over it, there's a richer club in Manchester.

Only one going to be in the Champions League though :D

I'd love to see him there too, but considering how many injury worries they have I think Capello would be mad to take a player who can play on average once every three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I dont know any united fan that would support city over any club in England (except maybe Liverpool) . . Did you start supporting united last year ?
    Nope all my life! I was born into a United family!
    jebus Min you dont have a clue tbh

I do headshot; my views may be different from yours but sure they are mine.

Now common guys; this is getting out of hand... I am a full United fan, but i'm entitled to my own views... My loyalty to my club is my business, i'll never doubt or question that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

King and Dawson surely. He's been a rock too.

Nope all my life! I was born into a United family!

I do headshot; my views may be different from yours but sure they are mine.

Now common guys; this is getting out of hand... I am a full United fan, but i'm entitled to my own views... My loyalty to my club is my business, i'll never doubt or question my loyalty.

If you were a full United fan you'd want to see Citeh **** up... just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As does Johnson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

MIN every United fan knew the danger if City qualified! I'm sooo glad Spurs won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

city blew it when they sold dunne and and bought lescot.

well done spurs. best of luck next season in the CL

lol

harry got soaked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ew.... Bentley. My eyes are scarred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LOL @ Harry's face. That might be on what happened next on Question of Sport.

Hahaha anyone see what the Spurs players just did to Harry. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lol

harry got soaked
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Ew.... Bentley. My eyes are scarred.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And the following replies make it sound worse :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ya selling Dunne was a very poor decision indeed, its amazing still how many goals they concede considering how much they've invested in their backline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

LMAO at Harry getting doused there! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

them lads will never play for spurs again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Delighted for Spurs players and fans.

City too, of course.;)

Has anyone asked?

When's the DVD out?

About 300 copies be sold to boardsies I think...

We need the competition!!

mg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've never been happier. Fantastic result for us, and no less then we deserve. On such a high right now.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Have to laugh at people voting for Spurs after FT.

Europa Leauge, Semi Final in the CC.
    Falling at the last hurdle is horrible, but that's progress.

CSB, CTID.

Have to laugh at people voting for Spurs after FT.

I voted for the draw just to even things out.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just 1

but its a horriby horrible draw

Spurs have quite a decent coefficient, depending on who else qualifies we might be seeded in the non-champions qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well done Spurs!

They did some amount of running down the wings. I thought Lennon did very well for the 70mins he was on considering he is only back from injury. How many blocks did BAE make?! (Any one else think he looks like the offspring of Snoop Dog and a fish?)

Crouch, for such a lanky awkward looking fella, can pull off some silky moves with the ball.

Both my Dad and my sister asked me why I was shouting for Spurs. I didn't even dignify them with an answer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Just would like to say well done to Spurs tonight and hope they can go on to get something out of Champions League.......

Enjoy yer night Spurs fans:). Ye definitely deserve it...

Going to go away now and cry a little more for city!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyway....

well done Spurs.

after Defoe, Lennon and Kranjcar got you going earlier in the season, it ended up, IMO, being Dawson and Bale who got you there.

obviously it was a team effort, lead by Redknapp, but IMO these were the big players.

Dawson won't get in the World Cup squad, and it'll be a travesty. in fact both Spurs CBs should go. one game every 10 days is fine for King surely. i'd rely on him before i'd rely on Terry or Ferdinand right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I for one, am off to get pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Hurrah for Spurs.

Odds on them not getting past the qualifiers for the CL ???

No one gives half a squirt.

I do.

Enjoy the night Liam.

• Advertisement

Hurrah for Spurs.

Odds on them not getting past the qualifiers for the CL ???

Have you seen the teams they can get ?

I really hope they get to the groups . . They will defo be my "2nd" English team in europe next season . . It is great to see a new top 4 team .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement