Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City V Tottenham :: 20:00

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I do.

Enjoy the night Liam.

As do I.

Don't forget work in the morning lad!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Hurrah for Spurs.

Odds on them not getting past the qualifiers for the CL ???

1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ill try to get this back to normality

Kaboul has surprised me alot since coming back to spurs, thought he was excellent tonight, did a great job on bellamy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Headshot wrote: »
    ill try to get this back to normality

Kaboul has surprised me alot since coming back to spurs, thoguht he was excellent tonight, did a great job on bellamy

Yea he was great last 2 games now. Getting up and down the line skinning people and containing people very well defensively too. Really glad for him. Everyone at Spurs just seems to be stepping up to the plate when needed. Great to see. Champions League here we come! :D
    COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Congrats to Spurs on a well deserved Champions League spot. It will make for some interesting viewing next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I've actually been very surprised with how fast Kaboul moves I didn't think he had that in him still needs a bit of work but he's been excellent as of late and peformed when needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea he was great last 2 games now. Getting up and down the line skinning people and containing people very well defensively too. Really glad for him. Everyone at Spurs just seems to be stepping up to the plate when needed. Great to see. Champions League here we come! :D
    COYS

If I were a Spurs fan the bit in bold would concern me quite a bit.

A lot of their players have had extremely good/brilliant seasons and I'd be concerned about their ability to repeat the same next season.

Delighted they got the spot ahead of City but the reason for my delight is that I would be surprised if they managed to consolidate next season.

Also the Utd transfer bonanza seems to gave dried up (can't see the bonanza of £50m for Carrick and Berbatov being repeated anytime soon)

If I were a Spurs fan the bit in bold would concern me quite a bit.

A lot of their players have had extremely good/brilliant seasons and I'd be concerned about their ability to repeat the same next season.

Delighted they got the spot ahead of City but the reason for my delight is that I would be surprised if they managed to consolidate next season.

Also the Utd transfer bonanza seems to gave dried up (can't see the bonanza of £50m for Carrick and Berbatov being repeated anytime soon)

Can you not cop on how big a moment this is. Passing of the torch!! This summer it will be spurs , raiding united now they have the coveted champions league qualifiers position!. Rooney and Rio to WHL!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Can you not cop on how big a moment this is. Passing of the torch!! This summer it will be spurs , raiding united now they have the coveted champions league qualifiers position!. Rooney and Rio to WHL!! :D

they'll raid utd and buy back berba and carrick

please god raid utd

please god raid utd

Spurs are in the business of rebuying their old " starlets " alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good job Spuds

No need for us to be seeing Bentley running around in his jocks though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

tevez_300781t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

please god raid utd

Drive them down, we'll take them off your hands.

Drive them down, we'll take them off your hands.

Take Berba for 10-15m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Trilla wrote: »
    Take Berba for 10-15m?

Nah, you'll have to pay us more than that :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Glad for the Tottinghams, but particularly for Gomes.

I can see them having trouble though unless they get Olympiakos

dfx- wrote: »
    Glad for the Tottinghams, but particularly for Gomes.

I can see them having trouble though unless they get Olympiakos

all depends on who Harry gets in now, be nice if they got someone like Torres :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

welcometocity.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

or Nigel Quashie:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Any niceties towards Spurs will be gone in a flash if they actually look they might be a threat towards the league. :D

Although they are a long way from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good game this one, spuds deservered their win on the run of play , happy yo see them get 4th, City just didn't spend enough , I'm sure they will put that right for next season.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Delighted for Spurs. For 2 reasons, I picked them at the start :) and the brand of football they play.

Last night we saw a team of mercs and journeymen at home against a team with genuine spirit and a will to win.

The saddest of all is half that city team couldn't give 2 hoots, they will arrive to the bank tommorow and see that another 180,000 installment of oil money has been deposited.

Most of them have the World Cup to look forward, knowing that when they get back from Africa and their holidays the likely hood is a new manager will be charge with half a dozen multi million pound misfits in the dressing room.

I imagine like all spoilt brats with a new toy, The Sheik will cast it aside when he grows tired of it.

City is what it is so far, a failed tragic comedy. Failure willed on by every other supporter of football in the league.

Good night for Spurs, Great night for the League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Reminds me of something I read on here a year or so ago - by Xavi, I think - that only Man City could **** up being the richest club in the world. True, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Boggles wrote: »
    Delighted for Spurs. For 2 reasons, I picked them at the start :) and the brand of football they play.

Last night we saw a team of mercs and journeymen at home against a team with genuine spirit and a will to win.

The saddest of all is half that city team couldn't give 2 hoots, they will arrive to the bank tommorow and see that another 180,000 installment of oil money has been deposited.

Most of them have the World Cup to look forward, knowing that when they get back from Africa and their holidays the likely hood is a new manager will be charge with half a dozen multi million pound misfits in the dressing room.

I imagine like all spoilt brats with a new toy, The Sheik will cast it aside when he grows tired of it.

City is what it is so far, a failed tragic comedy. Failure willed on by every other supporter of football in the league.

Kaboul - £9.5m
    Palacios - £12m
    Crouch - £10m
    Defoe - £15.75m
    Bassong - £8m
    Kranjčar - £2.5m
    Keane - £16m

Like I said, he ain't managing Burnley.

Kaboul - £9.5m
    Palacios - £12m
    Crouch - £10m
    Defoe - £15.75m
    Bassong - £8m
    Kranjčar - £2.5m
    Keane - £16m

:confused: Where did I say he was?

Woops, meant to post that in the other thread.

But anyways, what I'm saying is that this praise for Redknapp is all a little bit bizarre.

Failure willed on by every other supporter of football in the league.

And I don't get this. A number of people were supporting Man City, and a number of people were supporting Tottenham. Why exactly was it a great night for 'the League'? :confused: I'm sure the league would have seen quite a number of huge stars come in if Man City had made it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Kaboul - £9.5m
    Palacios - £12m
    Crouch - £10m
    Defoe - £15.75m
    Bassong - £8m
    Kranjčar - £2.5m
    Keane - £16m

Wouldn't mind seeing their net spending though, Levy has never been shy of allowing any manager to spend but they recoup a fair amount too.

And as for the great night for the league thing, I think most people would have seen it as City were the club who had never challenged the top 4 and if they had got in in such a short space of time they would have effectively bought it immediately jumping clubs liek Villa, Everton and Spurs who had been attempting to mount challenges for years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

And I don't get this. A number of people were supporting Man City, and a number of people were supporting Tottenham. Why exactly was it a great night for 'the League'? :confused: I'm sure the league would have seen quite a number of huge stars come in if Man City had made it through.

Ahhh sure give the doubters their moment of gloating. They 'hope' the City owners get fed up and move along but given the evidence of the investment in the team, along with the £1 billion development of the 200 acre site around Eastlands I have a notion this is only a stay of execution :)

• Advertisement

The League is broke. City making shíté of the market is not good for the league.

The League is broke. City making shíté of the market is not good for the league.

As opposed to the established 'big 4'?

Come off your soapbox there please.

Did Chelsea/United/Liverpool break the league too?

karma_ wrote: »

Did Chelsea/United/Liverpool break the league too?

Yeah over spending, players wages and agents. Have effectively bankrupted the league.

There is no soapbox.

It can't continue.

Take yer dicks out of defensive mode.

Any halfwit with a passing interest in maths will tell you the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you think Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool have the potential to spend as much money as City, you need to seriously think again.

if they get Champions League football, they can throw money at most players in the world and get them to come. the minute City are linked with a player, the price will have shot up astronomically, because that player and his agent know they've a bottomless pit of money.

thus f*cking up a lot of managers' plans.

that is why it would make sh*te of the League as Boggles put it.

SlickRic wrote: »
    if you think Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool have the potential to spend as much money as City, you need to seriously think again.

if they get Champions League football, they can throw money at most players in the world and get them to come. the minute City are linked with a player, the price will have shot up astronomically, because that player and his agent know they've a bottomless pit of money.

thus f*cking up a lot of managers' plans.

that is why it would make sh*te of the League as Boggles put it.

Yes, but the point is, the mid table teams always had to put up with this against the 'big 4'. However now that City have some money, the 'big 4' now get a taste of how tis felt.

• Advertisement

Yes, but the point is, the mid table teams always had to put up with this against the 'big 4'. However now that City have some money, the 'big 4' now get a taste of how tis felt.

it's a bigger issue that that.

City have more money than anyone ever had.

it's a league of 1.

and it will force others to spend more money on wages, etc.

and eventually, there will be no more.

What about Chelsea back in the day?

i'd guess Chelsea back in the day are one of the reasons the League is almost completely bankrupt now.

Perfect example which should be learned from.

What about the clubs (United/Arsenal etc) charging ridiculous prices for tickets even before the whole Chelsea thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

this is going way way off topic

The game is over.

What about the clubs (United/Arsenal etc) charging ridiculous prices for tickets even before the whole Chelsea thing?

are you being difficult, or are you just not getting this?

how is that akin to the potential of City inflating the transfer market to God knows what?

City in Champions League = shelling out a LOT more money, by clubs and a League who don't have it. bottom line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement