Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanking posts where posters are banned

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I have been on SF and have seen many bans.

So have a lot of people. people who have been here longer and have observed the culture of the soccer forum and how it has evolved (I hate to pull up the join date card but it is relevant here)
    But have never thanked any post where poster was banned.

Good for you
    We are all human in there.

And as such we all behave differently, it is what makes life interesting
    There was a serious case of a poster gloating last night with another poster thanking it.
    Poster was sneaky enough to put it in away where it escaped the attention of the mod but I think its safe to say everyone knew what the poster was implying especially the poster who thanked the post.

report the post and let the Mods deal with it, they are smart enough to crack the posters fiendish code if you have and will take action if they deem it necessary
    *edit* being banned you cannot report posts, fair enough, you have pm'd someone about it so leave it at that*

Please please just leave the Moderation to the Mods instead of starting a feedback thread about every little thing, there will be a review of the Modding in the soccer forum soon when the season ends, you will have a chance to express your opinion there, don't be surprised if people disagree with you and don't want to see your suggested changes implemented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

So have a lot of people. people who have been here longer and have observed the culture of the soccer forum and how it has evolved (I hate to pull up the join date card but it is relevant here)

Good for you

And as such we all behave differently, it is what makes life interesting

report the post and let the Mods deal with it, they are smart enough to crack the posters fiendish code if you have and will take action if they deem it necessary
    *edit* being banned you cannot report posts, fair enough, you have pm'd someone about it so leave it at that*

Please please just leave the Moderation to the Mods instead of starting a feedback thread about every little thing, there will be a review of the Modding in the soccer forum soon when the season ends, you will have a chance to express your opinion there, don't be surprised if people disagree with you and don't want to see your suggested changes implemented
    Am I allowed to report a post to a mod of a forum I am banned from. Can i do this via pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sometimes it's valid, sometimes it's not in good spirit. It's like when somebody consciously thanks every post in a thread as a lazy method of argument validation. What can you do? It's impossible to manage without removing the feature altogether and it's not really a big deal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Am I allowed to report a post to a mod of a forum I am banned from. Can i do this via pm?

There is no rule against it as far as I know

Personally speaking I wouldn't have a problem with someone doing that if people were taking potshots at the banned poster and they have no way of replying or defending themselves but I would only like to see it used for these reasons

For any other posts that would normally be reported I would feel you have lost the right to report posts by being banned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nobody listens to me any more. :(

I think that this thread has run its course and no good can come of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement