Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection Options in Ashbourne, Co. Meath

Options
  • 05-05-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

We currently moved to a different accomodation in Ashbourne. At our previous address (in Ashbourne also) we had Mahon bins.

We were buying tags in Superquinn (€10 EUR for black bin - €5 EUR for recycling bin). This worked for us as we are careful with rubbish and recycle everything that can be so it was costing us around €15 EUR per month.

At our new address however, there are no bins. I was going to get bins from Mahon's (which will cost €50 EUR that the landlord doesn't want to pay...) but I thought I'd see if there were any cheaper options in Ashbourne first.

Are 'Panda' cheaper for example? And are there any other waste management companies servicing the Ashbourne area?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Thorntons also provide a waste/recycling service in Ashbourne http://www.thorntons-recycling.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

With Thornton's this past few years and never had any problems. However, their charges are jumping dramatically in July. Service charge used to be €50 PA and this has jumped to €104 PA. It costs €9.90 at the moment for the black bin up to 40kg. This will now go to pay by weight at 35c per kilo. So this brings the black bin up to €14 per lift assuming you still put 40kg in. On the look out myself for a cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

It's all changing to weight in July, so it doesn't matter who your with it will all cost the same, mahons are now panda and they have already changed from bin tags to etags, you have an account and top it up for you bin collecting or there is a direct debit option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Any idea what Panda is going to charge from July on.

Thotntons sounds like will work out twice the price for me with the new system. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Galego wrote: »
    Any idea what Panda is going to charge from July on.

Thotntons sounds like will work out twice the price for me with the new system. :-(

No idea, when i rang i asked for there yearly price and girl said it's not possible as they are moving to weighing in july, which seems right as every time my bin is collected i can see the weight it was on my panda account online..

• Advertisement
Advertisement