Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm 9 - 12: Who should get the gig?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Good counter. Oddly enough, forming an opinion based on an actual experience is fairly common. Needing a radio personality to get through a shift at work? Sounds like you've got a bit of hero worship going :P

I have no problem admitting that I was very upset when he died and yes I had great admiration for him. Gerry represented (to me anyway) a confident, positive outspoken Ireland. He didn't give a **** which I found very refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Well them he did his job.

I didn't mean to get defensive, I didn't like him but I understand that many did. Let's agree to disagree.

Well them he did his job.

I didn't mean to get defensive, I didn't like him but I understand that many did. Let's agree to disagree.

No worries Capt. - the fact that he provoked a defensive response from you says a lot about the man. I hope they bring in someone new and ambitious that will shake things up a bit.

No none of Gerrys brothers are presenters certainley as far as i know one of them is in the softwere buisness iam not sure about the other one.

Wrong one Gerry's brothers had a slot on Dave Fannings Sunday show that used to be on in the 90's on Network 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shaysunny

jerry lee wrote: »
    I have always really liked Eoin Sweeney - he filled in for Gerry all last summer and has filled in for Fanning a lot too. Not a name but really sharp and good. Better than the inane ****e that's been on a lot lately...
    I liked eoin sweeney too jerry lee - I heard him filling in for tubridy again a month or so ago and he did a great job, very easy to listen to and knows a frightening amount about a lot of stuff! I think RTE should give these kind of peeps who aren't famous through TV a go, we don't need the same old faces cropping up all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Chriskavo wrote: »
    Wrong one Gerry's brothers had a slot on Dave Fannings Sunday show that used to be on in the 90's on Network 2.

Gerry's brother Mike was a 2fm jock and in my opinion not a very good one. If memory serves me he mainly did overnights. I think he still dorks with rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

shaysunny wrote: »
    I liked eoin sweeney too jerry lee - I heard him filling in for tubridy again a month or so ago and he did a great job, very easy to listen to and knows a frightening amount about a lot of stuff! I think RTE should give these kind of peeps who aren't famous through TV a go, we don't need the same old faces cropping up all the time.

a 2 post poster pumping a big shout out

whould have thunk it?

the rules here refrain me from greeting you by your real name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Barname wrote: »
    a 2 post poster pumping a big shout out

whould have thunk it?

the rules here refrain me from greeting you by your real name...

stop being a dick. One day ban, you know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just wondering has there been any word on what is happening next week. Didnt they say that Colm and Lucy would only be filling in for 4 weeks and i think this is their 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I couldn't care less who replaces him...I love listening to various programmes on the radio but I HATE 2FM, as epitomised by Colm and Jimjam or whatever they call themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

CUCINA wrote: »
    I couldn't care less who replaces him...I love listening to various programmes on the radio but I HATE 2FM, as epitomised by Colm and Jimjam or whatever they call themselves...

Good man yourself. Now relax and enjoy the good weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'm enjoying colm and Lucy. It was always going to be a hard 4 weeks no matter who slotted in. Sooner or later a decision will be made on a full to
    e replacement. Turbridy looks the likely candidate. Wouldn't be my first choice though as I think it should be Barry Lang. Yep bring him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Good man yourself. Now relax and enjoy the good weather!

Jeez, you're right...it's a lovely day out there...thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MABT2002

I agree that Colm would do better on his own but you can't break up Colm and Jim-Jim, they are comedy gold! Kennedy is cat though and has that South Dublin accent that makes you wanna stick your head through a wall...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

I believe Terry Wogan is free in the mornings these days, then there is always the godfather of them all GAybo... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Stylo

Dave Harvey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

how about getting in a medium to facilitate broadcasts from the other side... probably be more lively than some of the live choices.And cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

With the news that Ryan Tubridy is to get the gig have they said who will fill the slot till he takes over in August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jvan wrote: »
    With the news that Ryan Tubridy is to get the gig have they said who will fill the slot till he takes over in August?

Lucy & Colm are staying on until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

tubbers is very good at the current rte 1 slot. semi serious.

However,

if he returns to 2fm with even half the stupid/silly/annoying antics of his previous breakfast slot, then he's lost this listener.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Now that we know who has the "gig" I think we can close this thread and continue the debate on the new presenter on the other thread entitled Tubridy in line for Gerry Ryan's old show?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement