Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern ireland groceries delivered to dublin

Options
  • 05-05-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

Do any of the major supermarket retailers in belfast (sainsburys, tesco, marks and spencer etc ) do deliveries to dublin addresses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

good question, but would the delivery not be very expensive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont think any supermarkets deliver to ROI. Nearest thing is paying those 'couriers' for the want of a better description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

remember the sterling exchange rate is now €1.22 per £1, so I doubt if there are any savings to be had anymoe - even beer is cheaper down south these days.

best option is to use a combination of tesco/dunnes & Aldi (great for fruit / veg offers) and get the best deals from both and only buy what you need.

the hidden cost of a big shoppping in NI is you end up not using some of the items you bought in bulk and or buy items you don't need or buy and consume more than you normally do. - I go through NI every 2 weeks on business and havn't shopped up there for almost a year simply because the saving were not as significant as they used to be.

Advertisement