Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues band???

Options
  • 05-05-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi guys anyone out there wanna play a bit of blues? Im based in north dublin hav drums bass guitar an loads of amps everyone on this site seems t wanna play indie or some metal rubbish....not my thing used t be in a rock band played a bit of GnR Gallagher ACDC would like to play some stuff like that with maybe a bit of muddy waters freddie king an Son House. would like to hears from ideally a drummer an a bassist maybe a singer cos my singin is dodgy playin guitar over 9 years n can play most stuff Blues rock an flamenco any who anyone interested please get in touch
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Duffman86

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jjrg2020

sounds interesting, I'm a bassist who's looking to play some blues, even just jams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Interested - bedroom guitarist but looking for some action...

Based in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Keyzer wrote: »
    Interested - bedroom guitarist but looking for some action...

Based in Dublin....

When I first read that post I thought that you were looking for something else!!!

I play bass but prefer 80's rock!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Hussler

Have a look at http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/08/57455908.html

We're north county. Been lookin for like minded musicians for some time now...you in this age bracket?
    Ta,
    Chris.

• Advertisement

Hi guys good t hear theres a bit o interest out ther i like a bit of 80's myself cant beat a bit of zztop ha one of my best mates is a drummer could get him t fill the post for a while but if u guys wanna get together for a jam let me know!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

What songs do you like to jam/cover? Play guitar but I wouldnt be great!! Would love to play old 80s stuff

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

jjrg2020 wrote: »
    sounds interesting, I'm a bassist who's looking to play some blues, even just jams?

Exactly what im lookin for iv been bandless for 2 years i still pracise a lot but would prob take a bit of time t shake the rust off playin with a full band it be cool t get another guitarist on board an we'd be nearly there ha where bouts u based??

Hussler wrote: »

We're north county. Been lookin for like minded musicians for some time now...you in this age bracket?
    Ta,
    Chris.

Sorry only 23 guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Hussler wrote: »

Ta,
    Chris.

Sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack the thread. I am just curious as to what difference a person's age makes to playing music.

Whether you are nine or ninety, if you like the type of music to be played, and can play your instrument, then what's the problem ?

• Advertisement

MATT DAMON:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Rigsby wrote: »
    Whether you are nine or ninety, if you like the type of music to be played, and can play your instrument, then what's the problem ?
    Well said Rigsby.

I sent out Pm's only got one back so if anyone else might be interestd please get in touch drums bass guitar triangle whatever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DREWMUSIC

hey man. ive been tryin to get a blues/pop thing goin for a while.. im not into this indie ****, its all anyone wants to seem to play, im a singer and i play a bit of guitar, i love john mayer trio,g n r stevie ray vaughn, king, KOL and pretty much anything thats good and worth a listen, im from north dublin too man, 23 and just finished college so i gots lots of time to play some tunes :)

DREWMUSIC wrote: »
    hey man. ive been tryin to get a blues/pop thing goin for a while.. im not into this indie ****, its all anyone wants to seem to play, im a singer and i play a bit of guitar, i love john mayer trio,g n r stevie ray vaughn, king, KOL and pretty much anything thats good and worth a listen, im from north dublin too man, 23 and just finished college so i gots lots of time to play some tunes :)

Defo man can u send us a PM if your interested i know that u used t hav to send a certain ammount of posting before you can send or recieve PM's.
    So if ya cant type fintan duffy into facebook an get in touch wit us there man cheers how long are u playing the guitar??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamboree

PM sent Duffman!

Whats the crack so far?

We have a singer, a bass player, a possible drummer and two guitarists?

Sounds like a band to me...

Where and when?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Whats the crack so far?

We have a singer, a bass player, a possible drummer and two guitarists?

Sounds like a band to me...

Where and when?

Lads...

What's the crack with this?

Are you are all still interested?

Hi guys i sent a PM too the first of each instrument that got in touch with me i jus sent it this mornin has my mobile no in it tryin t organize somethin for this weekend!!:D....Its great when this site actually works

Advertisement