Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddest and Maddest Theorys on 'tinterweb

• 05-05-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Years ago when I pulled my Omega and created this here forum I toyed with the idea of doing a thread about silly ideas and posts and theorys from around the web.

it was only becuse i was swamped with madness when looking around for choice peieces that i didnt. Anyway, I have seen two recent ones so mad that I had to post them up, and will use spoilers just in case they turn out to be true.

One that didnt was the FACT that the eighth doctor was in The Time of Angels (someone misheard Octavian and made assumptions)

but this one has revitalised by love of mad ideas:

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/2010/05/who-could-this-be-when-snogging-doctor.html

if you find a mad idea post it up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm always astounded at the level of credit given to Doctor Who production teams by most of these theories.

They're only human, have traditionally worked on very limited budgets and are producing a "family" tv series yet are expected to have perfect continuity, internal series logic etc. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

A friend of mine comes up with some insane theories

For example in this trailer for The End Of Time:

he was convinced that the guy passing by the window at 0:11 was an Auton :confused:

He also thinks that Father Octavian (spoilered in the 0.0000001% chance that it's true)
    is going to be the priest at Amy's wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

The theory that Amy is actually a Dalek. Will root out and find a link and attach, but seemingly it's based mostly on her intonation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I will admit I've come up with some mad ones myself (such as my
    'Weeping Angels are former Time Lords'
    idea) but I tend to know they're highly unlikely. I put too much investment into and over-analyse little pointless facts or throw-away comments. What I think is ridiculous is when people seem to go out of there way to spot the most tenuous links to the most ludicrous theories. It almost seems that they just want them to be true so they can say 'I told you so.'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I will admit I've come up with some mad ones myself (such as my
    'Weeping Angels are former Time Lords'
    idea) but I tend to know they're highly unlikely. I put too much investment into and over-analyse little pointless facts or throw-away comments. What I think is ridiculous is when people seem to go out of there way to spot the most tenuous links to the most ludicrous theories. It almost seems that they just want them to be true so they can say 'I told you so.'

:eek:

• Advertisement

I am The Rani
    :eek::eek:

Advertisement