Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa expires soon!

Options
  • 05-05-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

My WHvisa is about to expire at the end of the month i.e 30th May, If I can only get a flight on the 2nd of June, will I get in much trouble with the immigration crowd at the airport?

Any help on the matter much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Hi guys

My WHvisa is about to expire at the end of the month i.e 30th May, If I can only get a flight on the 2nd of June, will I get in much trouble with the immigration crowd at the airport?

Any help on the matter much appreciated!

This happened to me years ago my Visa expired on the 25th december , i called into a DIAC office explained I was having trouble and the Visa was extended by a month.

I reckon you should go see them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia232 wrote: »
    This happened to me years ago my Visa expired on the 25th december , i called into a DIAC office explained I was having trouble and the Visa was extended by a month.

I reckon you should go see them...

Did you arrive into Australia on Xmas Day?

I arrived on WHV on 24th Dec 2004 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

DIAC are pretty reasonable. Just make sure you talk to them BEFORE your current visa expires. It shouldn't be a problem if you do that. But if you become "illegal" it might cause you some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Daithio2 wrote: »
    DIAC are pretty reasonable. Just make sure you talk to them BEFORE your current visa expires. It shouldn't be a problem if you do that. But if you become "illegal" it might cause you some issues.

Do you reckon I need to actually call into a DIAC center or just phone them? any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

Personally I'd probably head in and try to get something in writing. If you're in Sydney their office is right next to central station. Any dealings I've had with them have been super easy and efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Daithio2 wrote: »
    Personally I'd probably head in and try to get something in writing. If you're in Sydney their office is right next to central station. Any dealings I've had with them have been super easy and efficient.

Thanks dude, but I be in Melbourne! I'll google it!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Did you arrive into Australia on Xmas Day?

I arrived on WHV on 24th Dec 2004 myself.

No a previous extension landed my departure date then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Thanks dude, but I be in Melbourne! I'll google it!:pac:

Its in the CBD at 2 Lonsdale St, Melbourne Victoria 3000

Advertisement