Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinco de Mayo

Options
  • 05-05-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Was going to post in the what did you have for dinner thread but this is what I am having for dinner tonight rather then last night for today is the Cinco de Mayo which is a Mexican holiday so I'm having Mexican and maybe some other folks might like an excuse to have some Mexican too!

I'm going to make some quesadillas and guacamole....not sure what to do filling wise maybe some nice mushrooms, going to go wander by the shops now and see what looks good!

Comments

Is it Cinco de Mayo already! :o

I have dinner sorted for today, but I'll do something nice for tomorrow.

Going to give the refried beans in this post a go. :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65396732&postcount=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

ztoical wrote: »
    Was going to post in the what did you have for dinner thread but this is what I am having for dinner tonight rather then last night for today is the Cinco de Mayo which is a Mexican holiday so I'm having Mexican and maybe some other folks might like an excuse to have some Mexican too!

I'm going to make some quesadillas and guacamole....not sure what to do filling wise maybe some nice mushrooms, going to go wander by the shops now and see what looks good!

I made quesadillas the other day filled with fired onions and red peppers and scrambled egg.... if you can get a nice smoked cheese, that's utter heaven!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Shenshen wrote: »
    I made quesadillas the other day filled with fired onions and red peppers and scrambled egg.... if you can get a nice smoked cheese, that's utter heaven!!! ;)

I've picked up a bunch of different mushrooms as frankly I'd put mushrooms in everything if I could [and I do try] Made a black bean one a few weeks back that was pretty good but def in a mushroom mood today. Don't eat eggs but did pick up a nice smoky cheese and a nutty one, the avacado's in town weren't looking great so got some Pico de Gallo fixings for the side. hmmmm can't cook for another hour or so but it's all sounding so great just writing about it....dang going to finish work early.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I had quesadilla's earlier without even knowing how apt it was. Nice.

I put mashed butterbeans, courgette, green and red peppers, sweetcorn and black eyed beans in them.

Advertisement